Do you think any of the other runners think they have a chance of winning when they're up against Usain Bolt in the Olympics?

Most Helpful Guy

• I think they had a chance in the 100m, because of his slower start. If he had a bad race they might have stayed ahead of him.

But the 200m. No chance. He would have to fall. Even a trip/stumble would probably not be enough to stop him.

#silveristhenewgold

Apologies for the #tag. I an appropriately ashamed of myself.

Most Helpful Girl

• I can try to distract him. jaja

What Guys Said 14

• Merritt and that kid from Canada have a good chance. Gatlin and gay had the fastest times this year, I think, but neither are in the finals. The thing about track is that anything can happen. The difference between good and relatively average is extremely small. The double triple had never been done prior to bolt, let alone the triple triple. Also, he doesn't have great acceleration so if you get out and have the stamina, you have a shot. I would, however, like to see the kid from south Africa in the 2. He completely destroyed the world record in the 4 with ease. He might not have the top speed, but he has the sustainability to keep with bolt

• I think some of them probably do. Those who have run times that are somewhat close to what Bolt runs probably think they have a chance. For them to win they need Bolt to have a bad race. But so far he hasn't.

• they probably know that unless he messes up they don't really have a chance

• I'm sure they know he's beatable. He isn't as fast as he used to be so if another top sprinter ran their personal best they would've beaten him in the 100m and the 200m

• Yes in the long distance stuff. Even the Canadian was close behind him

• Sonic the Headhog

• maybe.

• They all think so till that last 3-4 seconds of every race when he gets out of "leisure" mode and starts running. Haha.

• Yes... same thing could be said about Mike Tyson when he was in his prime

• Only if they have a gun.

• If they're on steroids, like most athletes, then yes.

• I'll laugh when they do.

• Last year only Gatlin he has learn from his mistakes as well as ever one else

• I think most of them know if Bolt goes out and throws down his lifetime PB, they're not running that fast.

I think they also know that Bolt is not going to break his PB. He's on the downside of his career. He has slowed down very little. He's had some hamstring issues. So the question is, can they beat the Bolt in that one race? Yeah, some of them believe it.

I believe Gatlin has the fastest 100m this year, just wasn't in a final (was world semifinals).

What Girls Said 0