Why do people think I'm weird for not celebrating Halloween?

I never worn a costume in my entire life. And I was okay with that. Yet some people I know are still not over the fact that I never spent a actual typical Halloween.

0|0
6|5

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 4

• In my opinion, anyone who allows their parents to pay $20 for a Disney Cartoon Primcess costume, stitched together by three-fingered North Korean mongoloids out of discarded leper bandages, just so they can bang on strangers doors to collect $5 worth of candy and an apple with a razor blade stuffed through the core, is a mentally-constipated mope!

0|0
    0|0
  • Because they assume that everyone does it.

1|0
    0|0
    • 3mo

Also my parents are African so it was a big no-no for them

• 3mo

I don't know about the African context, but it makes sense. I live in Brazil and most people don't celebrate Halloween here. It didn't even exist here years ago, some people are celebrating it now because or commerce.

• 3mo

It's just that my parents thinks Halloween is evil af (and we're Christians too)

• cause it's the one night excuse for girls to dress slutty, and get away with it.

0|0
    0|0
  • its actually the people who are actually weird for celebrating it

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 5

• No idea. I remember in middle school some annoying girl publicly shamed me for not wearing a Halloween costume. Looking back, I should've said I was dressed as a homicidal maniac because they look like everyone else. You're welcome to steal that response if someone asks why you aren't dressed in a costume.

0|0
    0|0
  • Ignore those people

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't wear costumes because I think it's immature and a waste of money. And I don't get candy to give to kids because it's also a waste of money. Plus what my family does on Halloween is better than walking around a neighborhood to get candy.

1|0
    0|0
  • Like cuz you look boring I guessers

0|0
    0|0
  • I know tons of people who don't celebrate it. I have a few friends whose parents think it's evil. I was baptized on Halloween night so one of my friend's parents thinks I'm evil. It's actually kinda funny.

0|0
    0|0
    • Show All
    • 3mo

It's nothing special. You're not missing out. If you want, just buy yourself some cheap Halloween candy and dump it in a bowl and eat it all yourself.

• 3mo

Lol 😂