Why do people think I'm weird for not celebrating Halloween?

I never worn a costume in my entire life. And I was okay with that. Yet some people I know are still not over the fact that I never spent a actual typical Halloween.

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 4

• In my opinion, anyone who allows their parents to pay $20 for a Disney Cartoon Primcess costume, stitched together by three-fingered North Korean mongoloids out of discarded leper bandages, just so they can bang on strangers doors to collect $5 worth of candy and an apple with a razor blade stuffed through the core, is a mentally-constipated mope!

• Because they assume that everyone does it.

Also my parents are African so it was a big no-no for them

I don't know about the African context, but it makes sense. I live in Brazil and most people don't celebrate Halloween here. It didn't even exist here years ago, some people are celebrating it now because or commerce.

It's just that my parents thinks Halloween is evil af (and we're Christians too)

• cause it's the one night excuse for girls to dress slutty, and get away with it.

• its actually the people who are actually weird for celebrating it

What Girls Said 5

• No idea. I remember in middle school some annoying girl publicly shamed me for not wearing a Halloween costume. Looking back, I should've said I was dressed as a homicidal maniac because they look like everyone else. You're welcome to steal that response if someone asks why you aren't dressed in a costume.

• Ignore those people

• I don't wear costumes because I think it's immature and a waste of money. And I don't get candy to give to kids because it's also a waste of money. Plus what my family does on Halloween is better than walking around a neighborhood to get candy.

• Like cuz you look boring I guessers

• I know tons of people who don't celebrate it. I have a few friends whose parents think it's evil. I was baptized on Halloween night so one of my friend's parents thinks I'm evil. It's actually kinda funny.

It's nothing special. You're not missing out. If you want, just buy yourself some cheap Halloween candy and dump it in a bowl and eat it all yourself.

Lol 😂