Emergency vehicles racing back to the fire station? Is this normal?

I've seen the fire trucks do it and the two emergency response pickup trucks coming up from behind me only for me to see them shut them off as soon as they pull into the fire station. Are they just messing around, or are they trying to get back quick so they can be ready again for another emergency. I was pissed, I don't think they're supposed to have lights and sirens on unless their is an emergency. I drive by it regularly, so this is the second time I've seen it. Our city has 4 different fire departments.

3mo I just think it's ridiculous for them to be screwing around like that since they're kind of endangering lives to save someone and to be doing it just for the heck of it is uncalled for.

Most Helpful Girl

• Not normal, but they also get cancelled a lot, so keep that in mind as well.

Most Helpful Guy

• No it's not normal. The Mist must be coming. You should stay inside before the creatures in the Mist get you.

What Girls Said 1

• Never seen that before lol

What Guys Said 3

• Maby there going back to get more supplies

• That's definitely not normal nor supposed to be happening. You should go to the fire station and write them a speeding ticket.

• Thats abuse of lights and siren, not in code 4 = no light n sounds.

They were full blown lights and sirens, two rapid response pickups running right behind one another and cut the lights off right as they turned into the fire station.