Why do people post photos?

What is the point of posting photos, on things like instagram, snapchat etc..

Most Helpful Girl

What Girls Said 8

• I post and delete occasionally.
    So, on my sister's wedding I posted a pic of my hands with henna on them because it looked good and I wanted others to see the design and also a glimpse of how Bengali weddings are.

It also introduced me to different country people... people from different country with similar traditions.

And then I deleted it because I get bored of the same thing pretty quickly.

• I still don't get the whole thing with instagram never had one never will.

No smartphone?

so is snapchat

I really don't think that. Gag is anon site so I guess you're right. And I just message my friends on snapchat I wouldn't consider it that much of social media.

• I rarely use those, but when I do it's because friends and/or family requested to see more pictures of me or what I'm doing. They have me either here, or there so instead of individually sending each one a message, it's easier to post it so they can all see it.

• I post on Instagram because I wanna start freelancing and it's good practice for me to put my photography out there and try to network

• I don't post on insta often but I use snap chat a lot. It's cool to be able to show someone what your doing instead of just telling them.

• I love posting nature photo whenever I travel to foreign country, easier for me to view it again and try my best to get the best shot

• I just like showing people what a good time I'm having. Plus I have a instagram for my bird because I want to show people how darn cute he is. <3

• because pictures are more interesting that writing some text and it's fun to share interesting moments with other people. some people also like the attention, it makes them feel special or less lonely

What Guys Said 5

• Mostly for creative purposes but some people post sexy shit so thirsty MOFOS can follow them. Yeah I said it...
    *Follows random big booty babe and takes a drink of water* Ahh delicious :v
    LOL but yeah there are so many reasons... mostly none of them good LOL XD

• Easy way to digitally share photos with friends and family.

• Well there are the likewhores who spam their shit everywhere because they base most of their self worth on likes.
    The rest is used as wanting to show something off, boredom blahblahblah.

• If you're doing media marketing for a business, images are a great way to convey information and add value to the products you're offering. Private people often do something similar to entertain their audience and gain cachet.

• I will answer your question with another question.
    Why not?