Would you want your dreams (and nightmares) to come true?

I just watched the new movie Before I Wake. In this movie, a little boy's dreams can come to life. So can his [deadly] nightmares. He dreams of butterflies and he has a nightmare of a creature that can devour people in real life. Depending on your current dreams and nightmares, would you want this to happen to you?

I wouldn't. I used to get a lot of nightmares as a child. Sometimes they come back, and it is always something trying to kill me. A tractor driving on it's own, a demon possessing my dad, my childhood home coming to life and trapping me inside... That isn't something I'd want to live.

• Yes! I don't have nightmares, so I would love this.
  • Yes, even though I do get nightmares and people might die because of it.
  • No, I'd rather not take that risk.
  • No, that's scary and weird.
3mo I just realized the movie hasn't been released yet. Sorry. It is worth watching though! So go see it in a month...

Most Helpful Guy

• For me I'd probably be dead. I had lots of dreams of dying when younger.

For example, when I was 4 years old, I had recurring dreams a lot where I was in this wasteland and everyone was dead around me while guys wearing masks with firearms would be scouring the place. It was always cold and rainy and dark and smoky with lots of little fires everywhere.

And I'd try to hide. One time I found a bath tub turned upside down and hid under it and thought I was safe, but then it started getting really hot inside. The guys outside used their flame throwers and I tried to lift the tub only for the flames to shoot inside and had to close it. Then it was getting hotter and hotter and I tried to lift it again but it burned my hands and I couldn't get out and my skin was starting to burn everywhere while I couldn't breathe anymore. Then I died.

Most Helpful Girl

• Nope, never.
    My nightmares are scary
    and the nice dreams only nice while I am dreaming. When I wake up, I think to myself, "What the heck was that? "

: d

What Guys Said 2

• Opinions about hypothetical situations wear me out.

I went with #2 since most of my dreams are of better times in my past, when I have nightmares they are at least exciting so there's the silver lining.

If you do have a nightmare, though, you can also die in it.

Well even if I don't have a nightmare become reality I could die in my car LoL if you gonna spend your days worrying about your death, well that's a sure way to kill your life.

Sometimes you need that wake up call, and some folks only hear it when they think its there last moment.

• No, that's scary and weird.

What Girls Said 3

• My dreams yes
    Nightmares no

• I have a lot of nightmares, so I wouldn't want to take the risk.

• Some yes most no