Enlighten me, Am I rasist?

The country i live has many ethnic groups. I grew up isolated from society I don't feel so friendly or attracted to Asians, middle easterns etc. I don't even want to have sex with them. i only like whites who is grew up with white culture. I don't say and act anything offensive to anyone. I respect them. But i don't prefer to hang out with them. Here is the question Am i rasist? I really want to hear every commend good or bad.

• Yes, you do
  • No, you don't
  • You could But i am not sure

Most Helpful Girl

• Well the definition of racism is just believing that one race is superior to others. To me, it doesn't sound like you feel that way. i think it is normal to not be attracted to every race or to want to surround yourself with people that are like you. you are allowed to be friends with and sleep with whoever you want to, as long as you aren't actually treating people badly just because of their race. You say that you do have equal respect for all races, so I would say no you are not racist.

Most Helpful Guy

• That depends on your reasons.
    Do you consider other races (black, Asians etc.) to be inherently inferior to you because of their race? Then you are racist.
    Do you don't like other cultures because you are prejudiced towards them? Then you are xenophobic.

There's an important difference. I'll give you an example:
    Imagine you knew an Asian guy who lived in Turkey. He speaks fluently Turkish, knows a lot about Turkish culture, knows all the customs and is fully assimilated to Turkish society. Do you still hate him simply because he's Asian? If yes, you are most likely racist. If no, you are most likely xenophobic.

What Girls Said 4

• If you werent you wouldn't mind hanging out with them

• I don't think you are racist, it's just your preference.

• May i know where are you from?

from turkey. i suppose my profile is open for everyone

Okay sorry i didn't noticed it :))
      i have a friend from france he used to hate averything about Arab.. muslim.. and many other ethnic groups..
      after a period he dicided to visit my country ""Morocco'' he stayed here for a 3months ,,
      he had a lot of friends here.. and all his ideas is changed..
      don't hate someone you don't know.. it's a waste of feelings.. meet them first and then judge them based on their character and not by their ethnicity or their religion.. :)

• No, that's your preference but I don't think it's necessary for you to emphasize on how you don't even want to have sex or hang out with them. Sounds like you are pushing some sorts of superiority agenda or expecting these races to beg to you by making them feel bad. Not a smart psychological idea though.

What Guys Said 17

• yeah it sounds like you are

sadly it sounds like do to your upbringing and being isolated from other cultures you developed very distinct prejudices against them. this isn't uncommon when you aren't brought up experiencing diversity

• It doesn't sound as if you're racist, per se, because you're not speaking about against one race over the other, you're merely stating what your preferences are. There's nothing wrong in general with that. You prefer a certain race over another, either in relationships or just as friends. This in of itself doesn't mean you're racist. Now if you were speaking out against another race and lumping everyone of that race into a negative category, then yeah, you'd be guilty of racism, but just by your posting I don't see this as a forgone conclusion.

• You are. . . not racist (really that word is overused).

(It does kind of depend on the reason you don't want to hang around with them). If anything you might be slightly guilty of prejudice but definitely not racist

media.giphy.com/media/QDK1pCI43lGhO/giphy.gif

or I could be barking up the wrong tree. You could branch off into tribalism (pun intended)

• There is nothing racist about an aesthetic preference. Some people like blond hair, others red, it's not a bad thing. It becomes racist when you think "I do not date _________ because all ________ are _____." such as "I do not date Indians because they are bad in bed." It's a stereotype and therefore racist. But to say I like dark skin and black eyes, is not.

• Hmmm... from what u wrote here, it is hard to tell if you don't socialize with other races of people, due to their race/ethnic orgin, or because of cultural differences.

In terms of not finding other races attractive... attraction is not a choice so that can't be helped. BUT if you do find a nonwhite girl attractive and like her personality yet choose NOT to date her, you're disqualifying her because of race, which is racist.

• As far as sex goes. If you are only attracted to girls, does that make you homophobic? Of course not. So only being sexually attracted to white people is just a sexual preference. You don't even have any real control over it.

As for you only being into white culture. There is nothing wrong with that either. Tolerance goes both ways. People don't have to like/enjoy each others culture, just respect that everyone is into difference things and there is no right or wrong, just whats right for you.

But if someone who was Asian/Middle Eastern and into white culture started hanging out with your group and you had a problem with it, just because they were not white. Then that would be racist.

• What you're describing is what new immigrants in the US behave like. They don't necessarily dislike other ethnic groups they just prefer to hang out with others from their country. This usually doesn't pass to their children born here. Though, the parents are uncomfortable when their kids date outside their ethnic circle.

You may be racist but there's not even here to make that judgement.

• I believe you were bullied in your past by some among you..
    Some people will start hating an entire society for actions of a few.
    I doubt if you have actually met some of the europeans
    Most of them living in their counties hate folks from Turkey especially men.

• Not wanting to hang out with other groups because of lack of cultural similarities is not racist hating those groups because they're different than thats racist.

• You might have some bigotry in you. Technically you are Asian though because you are from Turkey. Since you are asking this question though, I think you are starting to have a change of heart.

• If u have to ask you probably are

• No if you dont want sex with people then thats not racism.

• You be RACIST!

• No, your only a bad speller.

• No, you are not racist. Just a little confused.

• it's not racist to not be attracted to a skin color, it is however, racist to HATE someone BECAUSE of their skin color

• Yeah you probably are, if we live in an age where racism is not frowned upon there's probably a chance you would totally disregard other ethnicities.