What is a homophobic person to you?

I don't agree with their lifestyle but that's it. I'm religious.

I don't mind them, i like them
i have some close gay friends and we get along, anyway just wanted to have your opinions guys!

• Someone who doesn't agree with their lifestyle but doesn't really mind them and treats them like everyone else
  • Someone who doesn't agree with their lifestyle but doesn't care as long as they keep their distance
  • Someone who doesn't agree with their lifestyle and dislikes gay people
  • A and B
  • A and C
  • B and C
  • All of the above
3mo Okay people, I guess many of you don't get the ''don't agree with their lifestyle''
I think it's wrong and i only mean that, they can do whatever they want to i have nothing to say
3mo pretty pathetic votes by the way

Most Helpful Guy

• Someone that hates them or wants to see them dead.
    Like the Orlando shooter or Westboro Baptist Church.
    Other than that, I don't like their lifestyle and what they do in the bedroom either and I'm an atheist. Doesn't make me a terrible person.

yeah same here it's not like we hate them

Something you should keep in mind is that people automatically assume when you say "gay lifestyle" that you believe homosexuality is a choice. It isn't. It is a birth defect.
      Try to separate their affairs in the bedroom to the way they behave in public.

Some gays are annoying as fuck since their sexuality is their whole identity while others simply keep it between themselves and their partner and act like normal people.

Most Helpful Girl

• I hate that word. Phobic or phobia is a fear. Now obviously I think it's safe to say that the majority of people out there are not "afraid" of homophobic people. So... it's a label to shame people who do not agree with the homophobic lifestyle.

I don't agree with it for example. But I treat them the same, befriend them, love them, so on. We just agree that we disagree. Not a big deal for us. Nothing more than that. However people love to label someone such as myself as homophobic and intolerant. Can't please em all.

yeah i know but people won't get it on here if i use another word and be like, it's an insult i mean i don't want them to be dead or lose all their rights, i think we get looked at like disgusting barbaric people

"I'm a Christian="You're a bigot!""
      Thats because they are judging all Christians the same.
      Their are a broad variety of stances, some very loving and accepting, some that hate the sin love the sinner like you , and a few like the Westboro baptist church who are raging bigots.

@Waffles731 agreed! Very true.

What Guys Said 17

• All of the above. "Not agreeing" with their "lifestyle" might not be exactly homophobic but there's still quite a lot of arrogance in that statement. Being gay is not a lifestyle. It's just something that was given to you, like the color of your skin. So it just sounds silly when you say "I don't agree with their lifestyle" because that's like saying "I don't agree with being black". it just makes me think uuhm okay? Good for you?

Since you claim to have some gay friends, I'm sure you know that their lives do not differ from other people's lives in the least. Their lifestyle is exactly the same as yours. The only difference is that they find members of the same sex attractive. Now, if you are one of those silly christians who argue that it's okay to be gay but you shouldn't "live" your gayness, then I suggest you go right ahead and show us how easy it is to live a life without any sex and without any romantic love. Good luck.

First of all I am not a silly christian and I mean with ''I don't agree with their lifestyle'' that i think it's wrong, that's only an opinion they can do what they want to not my business

"My holy book doesn't hate gay people" hahaha wow... now it really doesn't make sense to argue with you anymore. You're so massively ignorant. How about actually READING your holy book instead of just believing it? Wow, what a crazy suggestion. I recommend starting with the chapters Exodus, Leviticus and Deuteronomy where god openly calls his followers to kill gay people and calls homosexuality an abomination. Have fun educating yourself.

the things written in the old testament have changed in the new my friend, when jesus came to earth he showed us how to love eachother and not despise anyone because of their actions, he talked to prostitutes and diseased and posssessed people and told everyone to love one another because no one is without sin.

• I rarely guess when a person is homosexual. If it's clear of if they mention it, I just don't care: I wouldn't do what they do but why should I care about what happens between consenting adults in their sleeping room or in public?
    (Yes, i've been approached a few times by guys exposing their family jewels in a rest room. So what? I shrugged. I just wasn't interested)
    It's their life, not mine and in my life I've seen many things. Violence is MUCH worse and upsetting than sex, exhibitionism or PDA.

A homophobic person just can't deal with persons thinking/feeling differently.

• I don't think someone is "homophobic" unless they openly criticize homosexuality and try to force everyone to agree with them and shun gay people.

• Some people are so uptight and aren't happy unless you are guiding one into the other.

But, I only consider someone homophobic if they are actively criticizing or threatening (or actually commit) violence against someone solely because they are gay or think they are gay. That's about it, I think.
    You just have to tolerate that people with other sexual orientations exist.

• A person who hates them for no reason. It's just like racism.

• You need to dislike gay people, although I'd argue that wanting them to "keep their distance" is also pretty homophobic. But just disagreeing with their lifestyle, as ridiculous as it may be, does not make you a homophobe.

• It is when you actually hate them and want them to die. Disagreeing with their way of life is not homophobic. I personally think it is homosexuality is wrong, but that doesn't make me homophobic.

• Someone thats like "eww gays"

• I don't consider any of those to be homophobic exactly. I think it becomes homophobic if they think they should have less rights under the law than the rest of us.

Or if you refuse to engage with a homosexual for that one reason. But again, there's a difference between just dealing with a person that you don't like and outright refusing to talk to or work with them.

well that's a good thing, it's not like i hate them or anything

Yeah.

• A pathetic little nobody.. or a muslim. But those are the same anyway lol 😂

And you are a pathetic discriminating nobody dude, I'm a christian and watch your mouth I guess a proper adult if you're really 20 should at least be able to do that but I guess you're just a silly rude kid afterall.

I'm don't agree with islam okay and i don't agree with Quran but i am not saying everyone of them is bad

Oh no you might not be saying it, but you're thinking it.

• To me, a homophobe is someone who dislikes a person simply because they are homosexual.

• isn't it hypocritical to be friends with someone you don't agree with the lifestyle on?

• All of the above

• A homophobic is anyone who disagrees with the Liberal view of gender evidently.

• I am option B, and I don't consider myself homophobic. Homosexuality should be kept in the bedroom, there should be no culture promoted out of it. Fuck Pride and all that other garbage.

• I don't think you're a homophobe, necessarily, if you dislike gays and lesbians. You ARE a homophobe if you're a jerk about them or to them.

• yup you're homophobic

okay but in which way? i don't dislike them

god this is Gag full of people posting their opinion, what do you want here?

im saying in real life. people around you will also think you're homophobic

What Girls Said 14

• A person who hates homosexuals. It is neither of what you say. But others who hates Religious people or people who doesn't agree with the lifestyle or sexual orientation of the people will think so. Very immature of these people. Overall they hate you too, and don't care that you treat others right. If your against their agenda or what they believe in your an enemy. Always have always we be in their eyes. As long as you have friends who are homosexuals who love you, has understanding and care about you regardless if you disagree. Don't worry about other people. As long as other people don't threaten you, put a hand on you or try to kill you. You are at liberty to believe what you want. You what your reasons are. I am the same way. I respect them, and I love them. So for those who say that its something else better stay where their at. Because they don't know me, don't care to. If I never knew that person was into another man/woman of the same sex, it wouldn't have to matter. They chose to advertise their business when it isn't for us to know. Same with straight people who's advertising their sex life. Its nobodies business unless your making it their business.

i just don't understand why it is okay to hate us for something we don't even hate? I mean i come in peace say that i just don't like their lifestyle and then there comes ''you're homophobic'' ''dumb christians'' ''your religion is barbaric'' like okay it's wrong for me to share my harmless opinion but okay for you to come to such offending conclusions

@Asker That's the whole point. Immaturity! The same ones who's claiming their 'defending' LBGTQA rights are the same ones who is torturing other people. I even hear in on the news a few Christians actually getting beat up by those who isn't even LBGTQA or Homosexual for that matter, who's actually straight, just like you and I! Yet some may have never went to jail for it! Hardly anybody helped! If this isn't hate against Christians, what is the phobia called for that! Yet were homophobic? They need to stop grouping everybody together who has individual believes! For not everybody is a brother or sister in Christ who believes the same thing!

radio.foxnews.com/.../...t-gay-pride-festival.html

• To me you're homophobic (in terms of how that's colloquially defined). "I don't approve of their lifestyle".. that can't be interpreted any other way.

Imagine if I said.. I like Black people as friends but I don't approve of their skin tone. I think their skin tone is less desirable my skin tone. Would that make me a racist? You betcha.

It's your right to be homophobic. I don't personally care. I would be friends with someone who was homophobic. Cuz I don't give a fuck. But realize that kind of thinking and those kind of comments are pretty antiquated. So it's not socially prudent.

I mean i love my gay friends and i never spread hate. I am religious okay? it's forbidden and you know the rest and black people are just something else I can't compare them to each other

To clarify I'm not judging you. I said that in my first post. I think you're homophobic but that's your business not mine

@Toad-1 it's religion and not a person and honestly no one is an evil whatever or sinful that's dumb sorry to think that this is disgusting. and Honestly don't put me in the same boat as homophobes i'm not a monster and i don't want someone random to view me as a homophob? I also dislike it when people smoke, do i dislike people who smoke then? NO, it's about their actions but it's stil not a reason to hate anyone because it's not my freaking business

• I'm bisexual, and what I consider homophobic and what another person would consider homophobic is going to be different because we have different experiences with homophobia and how it affects us.

I think someone is homophobic if they dislike gay people and don't want to give them the same rights and want to treat them differently. Someone who opposes gay marriage, for example, I would consider homophobic. I would also consider someone homophobic if they shouted gay slurs at people in the streets or thinks gays should be locked up.

That's what i'm talking about. I'm not a monster and put people down because of their business that has nothing to do with me

see, I don't consider you homophobic then

• I will never understand people who say "I don't agree with their lifestyle". What do you want them to do? Ignore any romantic/sexual feelings that they have? That indicates that you think being gay is a choice, and while by definition you might not be a homophobe, you are an uneducated asshole in my eyes.

• The fact that you made the only options to disagree with their "lifestyle" shows to me that you are very homophobic and very disrespectful. Your question is very bias and you should definitely reevaluate yourself before you force you opinion and dumb questions on other people.

• It doesn't exist in my opinion it's such a stupid word. Nobody is afraid literally of gay people they are just hateful towards them.

• I meant b and c but voted a and c on accident.

I wouldn't consider myself homophobic but I do disagree with their lifestyle. I have friends that are gay tho

• a person who doesn't support them apparently

• A person that strongly dislikes homosexuals

• People who would want to see them dead , doesn't want to be in the same room as them.. etc

• Jeez a homophobic person is someone who is scared of gayness literally

• I do not like gay people or their lifestyle, but it does not mean that I will kill them.

• Who someone is attracted to isn't a 'lifestyle'; it's not something you choose.

Homophobia just demonstrates ignorance about how gender and sexuality works.

• Someone who doesn't agree with their lifestyle but doesn't really mind them and treats them like everyone else. Someone who doesn't agree with their lifestyle but doesn't care as long as they keep their distance. Someone who doesn't agree with their lifestyle and dislikes gay people. All of the above.
    What does it mean to not agree with someone's lifestyle? It's none of their business so there is no need to agree or disagree. If it doesn't appeal to you then don't live that kind of "lifestyle." I don't even think being gay is a lifestyle, it's just a sexual orientation.

A person can't disagree with the lifestyle, they disagree with the sexual orientation and that's not something a person has control over. So yes that person who "disagrees" is homophobic...

There's a difference between gay lifestyle and gay sex. The former is all about glorifying the latter through gay pride parades.

i mean i just think it's wrong. It's not my freaking business and just an opinion