Do you think French is a romantic language? Do you know how to speak in French?

I'm currently doing h. w. and I'm trying to learn French and the noises I have to make in order say certain words sound so ugly and awkward. I think it's so beautiful when people know how to speak French correctly; I don't know I'm doubting myself. If you know how to speak french. what helped you learn this language?

Most Helpful Guy

• Je parle un peu le francais... I think the biggest limitation when learning the language is that no one tells you about all the silent letters. you see all the romance languages like to have words flow into each other and learning something like italian, the pronunciation is very literal, you say what you see and thats it. in order to make words flow, they add extra vowels onto the end that also contain information about the person who is doing those things. the french on the other hand go the completely opposite direction and add letters onto the end that are always silent, unless the next word starts with a vowel. "comment" becomes "commun" or but when you say "comment-allez vous" its "commun-tall-ay voo". to make it even more confusing, there is also a conditional vowel shift, e's generally make an "uh" sound, unless there is a silent consonant at the end, in which it makes an "ay" sound. thats why "le francais" is pronounced "luh fron-say" versus "les miserables" which is pronounced "lay miser-ob-luh" with just a hint of the L at the end.

you can learn some of this stuff on duolingo, but i think the biggest limitation for me as someone who has finished the french tree is that my grammar is still awkward and sounds strange to french speakers. but there's only so much you can do without moving to france or having someone to actually speak with.

Most Helpful Girl

• I know some german, french and italian, and I think they are pretty sexy once you get the accents down. You aren't going to sound sexy when you're just learning. I sounded like a idiot when I was first learning.

What Guys Said 15

• I never liked Friends - out of all the languages it just sounds fucking weird. It's like they swallowed a dick and are trying to talk with it still in their throat.

• I don't think it's romantic at all. French people sound like pricks talking. True story.

Although I think it's more about the person talking than the language itself. Some people's charisma can be spotted in any language.

• French sounds beautiful, it's one of the most sexy sounding languages I've ever heard. As for whether or not it's "technically" beautiful, I don't care. Bon appetit le pommes!

Lol okay I don't know what the last thing means.

@TesticleMonster

I speak satirically.

You however, are fuckig shit at choosing usernames.

well then you are shit at satire.

• lol I suppose it can be, this song about ti is awesome, lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n7qiIoI1KO4

• I'm gonna learn French simply because of this.

Like the guy in matrix would say

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=VX8nMTuMHWY

I liked that scene too xD Or how romantically you can say to someone "mange de la merde"

@TesticleMonster My French accent isn't that well that someone else could understand me saying this xD But remembers me when a German explained me how to speak (Hip-Hop-slang style + their grammar): It uses less nice words than in English and makes the words less understandable

• No, I do not think so. Personally I find it pretty annoying and worst choice I could have taken as my second foreign language during my school-time

• I can speak some french. My entire family is bilingual or just french so i have heard the language my entire life and i can do the accents too.

• Omelette dü fromage 👌

• Well me personally it sounds pretty cool i don't know why i guess I've seen a lot of movies where french are talking and it sounds cool to me for some reason and if you're learning french then awesome more power to ya for learning a new language. 👍

• yes it is. I speak it but it's a bit rusty because I never use it

• bonjour ;)

hehe i know just one word from french :D

• i think french is weird as fuck, it sounds weird and is impossible to fuckin say. Nothing on anyone speaking it or learning, just my opinion

• Sucksss.

• I took French in sophomore year or something than slept the whole time

• I have problems with certain sounds too like their special "r" so I never learned it. When someone uses it when talking to me I think he wants to make fun of me because I don't understand it and it could be something like "mange de la merde".

Voulez vous coucher avec moi ce soir? xD (About only French I can speak)

What Girls Said 10

• Yeah it's one of the official languages in my country and I'm quarter French, I don't think French sounds particularly romantic though - I like Italian, which I don't speak, much better!

• I took it for 3 years, and it's 'romantic' because it derived from latin like italian, portuguese, Spanish etc.

Does that make it romantic in the dating sense of the word? No. It's more who the person talking is rather than the language they use to communicate.

• I don't think it's a romantic language then again I haven't heard many people speak French I do however love when someone speaks Spanish 😍 I know a bit of French I learned it for three years in school surprisingly I got an honour in French 🤔

• I think it's a pretty cool language, beautiful, romantic... and all. I spoke French ever since I knew how to talk.

• Yes French is very romantic language.. you could be talking about changing a tire and it will sound sexy. Lol I wish I knew French myself, one day I would love to go to Paris.

• studied it in 8th grade

• Yeah I'm French.

• I took French in high school and I couldn't stand it. It sounds so ugly to me.

• Yea french is amazing and I'm studying it in school since 1 year ago. Its quite beautiful

• Yes very romantic.