Do you think blocking to get the last word is hilarious?

I'm ticked by the thought of someone triumphantly typing a reply then not being able to send it and being flustered.

• Hilarious.
  • Not funny.
  • Other
3mo *tickled!!

Most Helpful Guy

• i'd say it's pathetic

I'd say that some people shouldn't assume others are going to want to hear them yap nonstop and obsessively go on and on and on and on and on for who knows how long. Not everyone is going to be as interested in talking to you as you are with them.

Most Helpful Girl

• Blocking is good mostly to shut someone the fuck up from going on and on.

This is the MHO to compete with, ladies

what! in the same post?

Thanks for MHO.

What Guys Said 32

• Blocking is rather pathetic and childish. I'd only use it as a last resort in a case of serious abuse, just until I could advise admin.

As I've said before, the person you blocked may be the only one to be able to answer your next question. You'll never see it. I don't suppose they'll care two hoots whether you see it or not. I certainly don't!

I don't think there's anything pathetic or childish about deciding whether or not someone is worthy of being apart of your environment.

Carry on then! Block me! Block everyone! You'll enjoy talking to yourself!

In the words of Kevin "Bloody" Wilson, DILIGAF. Do I look like I give a f**k.

That's dramatic. I don't block everyone. If you didn't give a fuck then why did you give me your time answering and participating on my post? ;)

• It's hilarious because it's pathetic. The fact you act like a little kid when they cover their ears with their hands as if by not hearing anything there's not a problem, is quite hilarious.
    I've found myself in that situation many times, when people start arguments with me just to end up blocking me after they don't like/agree with what I say.
    I laugh all the time because it's hilarious to see how many little kids we have in GAG.

• "Hilarious and Original."
    -- Papa Franku 2015

http://youtu.be/cKxb6uBjpso

But really, I have no problem with the idea/concept of blocking. It has its purpose and is a worthwhile feature when put in good use.

However, like most things, it is bad when it is abused in situations like this. It is quite a petty thing to do because it shows that they can't handle criticism / can't defend their position well enough to handle sketpicism. If one is sure their position is right undoubtedly, they shouldn't fear criticism, since they'll be able to handle it-- their position is "right."

On the other hand, if someone is making personal attacks and avoiding the issue, yeah, OP blocking them after getting the last word in is fine with me. It's still mot particularly funny I guess but it makes sense at least.

• If that is the case I will design a app that will automatically reply 'haha' after each message you leave so!.. I will always be the one you drops the last message

• Almost all of the debates I've gotten in they will try to end it by getting in a last word provoking a response and then blocking me so it looks as if I gave up. They get so caught up in the debate and become extremely pissed off when they realize they can't outwit me. I actually made a response on a mytake about feminism with nothing but a sound opposition that had factual information and the OP just went and blocked me because I got like 16 upvotes on it. It's pathetic AF.

• censorship was always the answer of the ignorant ones.

Choosing to block someone isn't automatically censorship especially if they can't seem to figure out how to express themselves. If you think that you have a right to act up, be a dick, be overtly aggressive, be pushy, and demand to be listened to then you need to realize that no one here owes you anything.

• Ticked or tickled?
    Either way no. I'm not all that likely to get into pissing contests anyways, so.

*tickled! Thank you for pointing that out!

• Yeah it shows how childish they are. Usually if they block you for that, you won

If you're trying to "win" on the internet then that usually means your overall life is pathetic and your prideful ego is so huge that it's crippled your social skills. I feel sorry for people who win so little offline that the only victories they feel they accomplish are online when random strangers get tired of hearing them yap nonstop.

• I just chalk it up as a W

That probably means you have a deluded sense of ego. If you think that "winning" is someone deciding you talk too much or not being interested in your personality and blocking you, then you probably don't know what a real win even feels like.

• Other - it's petty

• Pathetic, mostly.

• Blocking because someone annoys or harasses you is understandable.

Blocking just to get the last word is pathetic.

• It's just pathetic.

• Many just can't stand the truth, or someone that disagrees with them. This is a new thing in our culture - if someone disagrees with me they hate me and they are a bigot/racist/fobic - whatever - fill in the blank. Get over it people, we're just not all gonna agree with everything/everybody else does or says.
    The new things at the colleges are 'safe places'. OMFG They're never gonna make it in the real world. Helicopter parents are another new thing going to make weak ineffectual adults.

Sometimes that's the case but other times, some people really just suck at self-presentation. They're rude, demanding, entitled, pushy, and their combative tone is a total turnoff.

I'm pretty bold and I don't agree with a lot of things but I have never been called a bigot, racist, or some kind of phobic so if people are repeatedly using those terms to describe you, then it's probably because they all see something inside of you that's indicative of that description.

Anyone can make it in the real world. That's just some condescending remark you made because you apparently don't like people not adjusting their behavior to fit how you think we should all behave and think.

I don't think there's anything wrong with the idea of a 'safe space'. If you do, then you're probably not the type of person people will actually trust and be vulnerable with and that's really sad at your age.

• It shows you're not mature enough to sit back and let them dish their thoughts about you. It's like insulting someone then driving away.

• I find it funny.

I answered someone's question on here with an honest answer, didn't even insult them, she replied and then blocked me. I had no idea they even blocked me until a question came up later that I tried to reply to said I was blocked. It's childish, but the truth hurts.

• it is actually kind of pathetic

No, it's not. The block feature exists for a reason because not everyone should be received and acknowledged.

• I really don't care. I just block them back and move on. If I really wanted to keep the debate going I'd just make 100 accounts (fuqthegovt2, fuqthegovt3, etc).

I'd really hope you have more important things going for you at 43 than forcing yourself in someone's space obsessively by making "100 accounts" to "keep the debate going". A wife? Kids? A pet? A Gamer club? Something!

• To me, it means you know you can't argue your point. So I feel like I won.

• it's childish

• It just lets me know I beat you. I win while you run off and cower under your bed like a pussy. :D

• The person who blocks to get the last documented word has basically admitted defeat in the argument.

• You are hurting my feeling :'(

I got a trauma, you should know better.

• It is very childish.

• It's pathetic, you hide behind block because you can't formulate a response. I've done it a few times where some idiot posts a response without reading anything I've wrote.

• I love it. Cause some of these people dont know how to shut up

• I never thought of it until it happened to me. Then I did it, twice just to piss them off.

• I don't know wtf is with those guys comments here, most of them are so stupid. Blocking means one person doesn't want any communication with you, that's it. It can be any reason for that matter. It's neither funny nor serious. Simple as that.

Top runner for MHO

It's all you, man! Very sensible, mature answer. I like how you didn't kiss anyone's ass.

Glad to hear that ☺

• used to be a crazy lady that would do that but she got deleted and I encountered her on a different account I could tell it was her because of the way she talked to people. Shed ask a question and if your opinions differed from hers she'd write long insulting speech and block you so she'd have the last word but went absolutely batshit crazy if you responded on another person's opinion now that was hilarious.

She looks like your typical GAGer who's passionate about a topic not crazy. You just sound butthurt over being blocked and it's weird how you remembered her and the details of what became of her.

Not only that, but using the term 'Nazi', who were a group of murdering, raving lunatics who raped women with dogs to describe some random female online is disgusting. You are too old to be misusing that term in order to soothe your own punctured ego.

• its pathetic and childish... some misogynist did that to me the other day on here lol

• More from Guys
    2

What Girls Said 19

• Super annoying but also hilarious because of how much of a child the person is lol

One isn't a 'child' for taking advantage of a feature created with a purpose.

• Happens to me sometimes by weak and pathetic guys.

• I think hit and run blocking is chicken shit and childish.

HOWEVER... I do find it hilarious when people think they've been blocked because "they won" an argument. That's a joke.

A. No one really wins an Internet argument.
    B. 98% of people here refuse to acknowledge that they could be wrong.
    C. Maybe you simply blocked someone because they're an annoying fucktard who's opinions you have no interest in.

That's my fiddy cent. ✌

• It's childish and admitting defeat

If you truly believe that defeat is something that exists within limited characters on a screen, then you don't know shit about life and the real world. The only people who think that others are "defeated" because they've grown bored of their mouths or think that they talk to much have huge egos that they need to stroke.

• I think it's really immature

• It's immature

• No, I think that's the lamest reason to block someone. At least finish the argument out. Don't say what you have to say and then block them without giving them a chance to respond. That's hella childish.

• Annoying af

• It's childish.

• My brother and I were discussing this. We ended up pissing ourselves laughing. We had an idea you would wind this guy dogbert444 up then block him to get your laughs. Did you? Haha!

We hope you did!

Because we would find it hilarious, too!

You see, we knew you were going to!

... and you did!

You see, dogbert444 IS my brother!

I think we get the last laugh!

Now block me!!!

Byeeeee!!

You see, my brother is normally quite a nice guy, but he was being argumentative in order to wind YOU up. It worked.

Didn't it!

I actually wasn't 'wound' up. You and your brother need to find something more fun to do on a Friday night

• Yes actually, it's also sad that's the only way they think they can "win" (although I think it's an automatic lose)

• it's a waste of energy really

• Damn girl, can you handle your shit in real life?

• I'm with @madhatters4 on this one.

and responses to my post got blocked... goodness

getting in the last word and then block them is immature. if you don't want to hear from them just block them, don't post a comment and then run away

if you have the desire to say something you should give the respect to allow someone to respond. if you simply don't want to engage in a back and forth don't initiate or respond

@madhatters4 Yea they are what gives?

• I really only do when it is going nowhere and they won't leave me the fuck alone

• Pathetic

• No, it's just a way to not be bothering by the person again. I block one person cause she begin insult him and doesn't wanted to understand what I was meaning

• It can be cowardly. The only time you should block someone is if they are some crazy, stalking asshat who won't leave you alone. Blocking someone so they can't say anything is just stupid.

• It's not hilarious. It's the best way to end a stupid argument.