My roomate told me he was proud of me?

What kind of qualities would /could a person have for you to be able to be proud of him/her as a roomate?

I moved a week ago and we and people from my and his class were at this party. People were introducing one another, and my roomate told a guy in his class "this is my roomie", the other guy said "I know, you told me that like 6 times already", my roomie touches my shoulders and says "im proud of you".

I was flattered, but I dont get why he said that though

3mo Filler

What Guys Said 1

• really not sure what that means

He has also called me a "cool roomie " more than once. Im Just acting like a normal person, I dont do anything extra. Maybe he is easly impressed

maybe he's proud to have a cool roommate

What Girls Said 2

• Are you living on your own? Doing your own thing? Holding a job?

There has to be some reason why he said it. Something you're doing that makes him think "You're doing well, keep it up" (aka proud of you).

Just my thought.

I live on my own, I just applied to a job and im a student, but that is very normal here. He has even said that im the coolest roomie ever, even though I doubt he really ment it

He is a really nice guy, but he is nice with everyone. I dont feel like he likes me more than a friend /roomate at all. But I have known him for less than a week so its hard to say how he is when he's flirting

In that case, it's likely he was in a good mood and just wanted to make you smile. Sounds like it was a compliment.

Don't look into it further than that.

• Well he was clearly showing you off for some reason. Maybe he is hoping people will assume you are having second with him because he is your roommate.