Are humans animals?

I said "non-human animals" to someone and they were pretty much shocked, so here's a poll.

• Yes, duh
    83% (39)81% (26)82% (65)Vote
  • No, we're better than that
    13% (6)9% (3)11% (9)Vote
  • Other
    4% (2)10% (3)7% (5)Vote
And you are? I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0
15|10

Most Helpful Girl

• God that person is an idiot if he didn't think humans aren't animals. No matter how intelligent we become we're still animals.

1|3
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• To anyone who objects to the idea that humans are animals, ask them why medical researchers test new drugs for humans on animals.

0|2
    0|0

What Girls Said 14

• Yes, whenever people try to differentiate it boggles my mind. We are all related somewhere down the line. We're not the same type of animal as a turtle, just like a hippo isn't the same type a frog. But we're all animals :)
    And apes! :) yay, lets embrace it. And we're great to boot :'D yay!

0|2
    0|0
  • You can't classify a breathing organism as non animal. You just can't. The meaning of animal to modt people is dogs etc, but humans are also animals. Mammals, to be specific.

0|1
    0|0
    • 3mo

You could kinda say that plants breathe and so do bacteria (they respire technically) but none are animals... I don't know playing the devils advocate

• Show All
    • 3mo

@KittieCat then why you playing devils advocate?🙂

• 3mo

.. Because you said you can't have a breathing organism and have it not be an animal. And technically you can if you slightly twist some definitions. Hence playing devils advocate

• Whoever was shocked that humans are animals needs special help. Obviously we are animals.

0|2
    0|0
  • Firstly, we belong in the Kingdom of aninmalia, so yeah. I dont see how we could be better than any other animal. Afterall we are all just beings that convert oxygen into co2 and water.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yeah we are. That's funny they were confused want to use that line now. 😈

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes, we are a part of the mammalian species.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yeah we are animals.

0|1
    0|0
  • Taxonomically we are animals, we are mammals classified in the family of primates.
    Biologically we are not animals.

0|0
    1|2
  • Yes humans are animals.

0|1
    0|0
  • We're mammals so yes we're animals

0|1
    0|0
  • We are not animals... lol

0|1
    1|1
  • Ahhaha yes humans are animals

0|1
    0|0
  • We are all created in God s image and He created us separately from animals

1|0
    1|2
  • Biology proves that humans belong in the animal kingdom

0|1
    0|0

What Guys Said 9

• The fact that were more intelligent than other species on Earth, does not hide the fact that we're as much animals as the pets we take care of...

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes. We are just very complex animals. Biological science proves this.

0|1
    0|0
  • humans are animals. i don't think we are unicellular or plant

1|2
    0|0
  • yeah in fact by definition we are animals.

0|1
    0|0
  • yes we are

0|1
    0|0
  • Of course dude.

0|1
    0|0
  • Obviously we're animals.

0|1
    0|0
  • No, we're better than that

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah but of higher intelligence and the only species that knows we will die

0|0
    1|0
    • 3mo

I doubt that.

• 3mo

Doubt what? What animal knows about there own mortality? we are the only species aware of death. Dolphins are very intelligent if that's what you're referring to