Should I leave this job, for being too... well, sexist?

So I got my first job out of college. And it's a good one, pays well and it seems interesting so far. Now basically last week, which was my first week, my manager called me into his office. And basically told that the guy who owns the company, our boss prefers working with men but having no female employees doesn't look in an engineering firm so every year he hires "the prettiest face that comes into his office"
And he said "I know that's not your fault, but you're gonna have to work twice as hard, just prove you've earned your position"

I've been thinking about this for a while now and I should leave , right? The best thing to do? Clearly this job isn't going anywhere, is it? I don't want to have to work twice as hard as everyone just to get what they already have

Most Helpful Guy

• Unfortunately that's a curse attractive women have had in the industry for decades. They have to shed the idea that they are just a "pretty face" and work their ass off to prove it, and when they do they still are faced with "she got her promotion by sleeping with the boss".
    Some places are maturing better than others but it's always a crap shoot. My girlfriend works in the television industry and it was actually tough on her at first but through her hard work and take no shit attitiude she's done very well for herself. If you love the job and career it could lead into keep plugging away, but if you could care less look elsewhere.

What Guys Said 3

• Well for one you might encounter this at other jobs because the better you look the dumber they think you are. Second, let's be honest, working with guys really is better. If you feel like you should do it after you get some experience so it's easier to get another job and don't leave this one until you find something better first.

• Right, you should leave then.

• Yeah that's not right but if you leave you only make them happy but if you prove them wrong then they will look stupid, so just work the way you normally would, screw them, just do your job as well as them or better but don't work twice as hard for the same pay

What Girls Said 1

• I'm pretty sure you can report this to the government (maybe they have people working on this) and HR because there no way he has the right to say it or go online people will get mad for you and the backlash would be bad.