Do you agree or disagree: Life is 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you react to it?

• Agree
  • Disagree

Most Helpful Guy

• That is a tough one. It depends what a person believes. I do believe we can control our destinies by stuff we do in the present. Also for every cause their is an effect. I feel life has to balance out in some of way.

Thank you very much for selecting my answer as the most helpful opinion.

What Guys Said 16

• No, I think it's closer to 50/50.

• truth is... wealthier people tend to usually get a lot more experience/education in life and are more emotionally healthier and things just sometimea dn often fall on their lap on top of that

so, its more like 80 percent what you're born into and 20 percent what you do

While I don't agree with the "more emotionally healthy", the percentage seems closer to reality.

@dipta emotionally healthy people have this in common, they are accepted and money does this if you have enough of it. and choose to use it in that way

• That's a tough one because anything could happen to you in life, we all have our own problems that we have to deal, but I do believe whatever happens to you could be easier to get through if you look at the positive, like if you didn't get that prestigious job that you worked so hard for, but the positive is that there are plenty of other opportunities out there. However, that is just an example.

• Nah, I can't have much of a reaction to what happens to me because barely anything eventful happens

• Agree to an extent. What happens to you during your formative years has a profound impact on the remainder of your life. Additionally, trauma before you're developed enough mentally and emotionally can have severe ramifications.

• It's an interesting concept and may be some truth to that

• No there's sometimes you can't control what happens to you, but you can always control how you react to the situation

• Nope complete bullshit/10

• More like reverse those %'s

• I don't know 😶 I'll have to think about that one for a while

• Agree 💯 %

• We choose whether our situation turns out good or bad base on our reaction to events.

• Disagree

• this is such a hard question, i think a lot of the time sure but sometimes no

• Disagree, simply because there's no evidence to support those statistics.

• Like is 30% what you look like, 30% who you know, and 40% what you do.

Interesting statistics lol

It's pretty simple and backed up with statistics.

Attractive people are perceived as default good people before people even get to know them and many people are star struck by attraction that they'll let attractive person get away with tons of shit before labeling them as bad person.

It's also been shown attractive person is more likely to get befriended and people want to hang out with them. This all helps widen their social circle and help in networking.

Attractive person is more likely to get higher than a less attractive person. They are also more likely to get promoted and advance faster in their career.

30% of who you know is having connection and knowing who to talk to can give you the lead on job competition when looking for employment, solid advice on what to invest in or on how to make money. It's essentially like a little cheat code.

This can be obtain with looks somewhat but more importantly how well your personality is and if your able to befriend the right people. Family and social circles all play a part.

40% comes from will power, intelligence and drive to actual use the resources available to you to achieve your goal. You can be born attractive, and into a rich family but if your lazy then your always going to rely on your parents.

What Girls Said 7

• I agree with it. You can control only your own behavior, feelings and emotions. You are in control of your own thoughts. When you try to control others, you are being abusive. When you let others be in control of your feelings and emotions, your thoughts and actions... you are being dumb because in the end they are not responsible for you, only you are responsible for yourself. Just remember that you will go to jail no matter how much you blame anyone else for your bad behavior. Don't risk it.

• Nah.

I think it's more like

30% what happens to you and 70% how you react. This might change, depending on WHAT happens.

Majority, it's about your reaction.

How long-term are we defining "reaction" here?

I don't love the way this is phrased, because it kinda paints everyone as just passive *recipients* of life (rather than active *agents* of life). Like, you just sit back and Shit Happens to you, and then you... react to it.

I don't like that. I like acting, better than REacting.

• They say life is what you make it so it's more about how you handle what's happened to you. Do you rule it or let it rule you?

• I think that 10% of statistics are real, and 90% are made up at random. (:

__

Srsly though...
    That's depressing as fuck. Those percentages should NOT add up to 100%.

If we're going to play this game... it should be more like this:
    Life is...
    5% what happens to you
    10% how you react
    15% what you learn from what happened to you
    20% what you learn about YOURSELF from how YOU reacted
    50% what you GO OUT AND DO with all of that learning.

Ahem.

Go out there and live.

• Learnt it in health class. You decisions are based on how react

• Life is what you make it

• Disagree bullshit u hav t go through stuff t know the answer t this