Is the propagation of Islam really banned in Japan?

Inspired by another question: http://www.girlsaskguys.com/social-relationships/q2081026-japan-s-restrictions-on-muslims-do-you-think-it-s-wrong-of-japan-to

Most Helpful Guy's Opinion: Best way to keep your country safe is to not let muslims in honestly its effective.

Most Helpful Girl's Opinion: It is only when muslims form a significant minority of the general population do problems arise.

Dear fellow gagers Islam is a religion of peace and Islam is against what ISIS does.

A lot of people already know that yet they don't want to accept the fact because they are blinded by hatred. even people who don't know any of what Islam teaches have so much hatred for Islam mainly because of the media's misconception about Islam.

Islam has entered Japan and the Japanese citizens have accepted it.

Most Helpful Girl

What Girls Said 4

• It's not banned, that's just another ridiculous, made up claim sent in chain emails and through social media. www.politifact.com/.../

I'm not a fan of any religion, Islam included, but have no problen with it when people practice it ethically and peacefully. Dr. Zakir Naik is one of the most irritating and disingenuous people, though.

i love your opinion. but i wonder why do you think Dr. Zakir Naik is one of the most irritating and disingenuous people?

• i see islamic tourists

• Omgeee read the Quran

You wouldn't because you clearly didn't even notice the store

here I have quoted the full verse "O you who believe! Approach not As-Salat (the prayer) when you are in a drunken state until you know (the meaning) of what you utter, nor when you are in a state of Janaba, (i. e. in a state of sexual impurity and have not yet taken a bath) except when travelling on the road (without enough water, or just passing through a mosque), till you wash your whole body. And if you are ill, or on a journey, or one of you comes after answering the call of nature, or you have been in contact with women (by sexual relations) and you find no water, perform Tayammum with clean earth and rub therewith your faces and hands (Tayammum). Truly, Allah is Ever Oft-Pardoning, Oft-Forgiving."

this verse has nothing to do with women and there is no a single verse in the quran that permits a man to beat a woman.

please do not say false and unauthentic things about Islam.

the video below explains women's right in Islam.
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yOm7qJ6mFeY

What Guys Said 11

• For me, islam is a social plight like any religion. However, I see the real problem concerning immigrants in culture, not religion. I stirred up a lot of dust recently when I asked a question on GaG whether there should be a ban on wearing a burqa in North America and European countries. The burqa is a good example for something that is often mistaken for religion but is in fact something cultural.

I do believe that muslim immigrants should be able to freely live and practice their religion in their host countries. However, being a guest, they should also make the effort to integrate themselves. I'm not saying they should assimilate (get rid of their own culture) but I think a few compromises can be expected.
    To name some examples: I'm against the burqa because it doesn't fit to western culture. I'm also against sharia courts like they exist in England because sharia law is both against western legal tradition as well as against European culture. Muslim immigrants should be free to enter my country but I expect them to leave the barbaric parts of their culture at home. Muslims from some countries find this very easy, muslims from other countries find it very hard (--> culture).

And just to be clear one last time: this has nothing to do with islam as a specific religion. For example I believe that Jews should be able to freely practice their religion but I'm VERY much against kosher butchering as well as male circumcision. Both these cultural aspects of Judaism are barbaric and I don't give a fuck how important they are for Jews, they should be illegal (kosher butchering is illegal in my country, male circumcision unfortunately not).

from your opinion I can say you are someone reasoning and that is better, all you have to do now is look for more information.

• Its their country they can do whatever they want. Why don't you question the amount of muslim countries who ban atheist and even behead them and stone them to death?

which countries?

Saudi arabia if you went in there telling people you were kahfair they will kill you. Plenty of countries as well even my own country iraq if you started saying that people would find you and kill you.

• I think anybody who takes ANY ABRAHAMIC religion LITERALLY should be BANNED, from the rest of us with good since.

what will you do when your brother or sister accepts Islam? ban them?

My family are all Christian.. However they are logical enough to not take it literally. So I'm sure if they converted to islam it would be the same.

Logic dictates that there is useful, truthful important information in more then just the koran.
      logic would dictate a healthy dose of skepticism in any man saying he is speaking for GOD
      Logic would dictate you might want to read the original versions of the creation story that the Abrahamic religions adopted.
      Logic AND FAITH ARE POLAR OPPOSITES

• its Japan, they dont give a shit about your religion.

• It shouldn't be banned, but Islam should be considered a taboo in the Western world. People should refuse to do business with Muslims, refuse to allow mosques to be built in their towns, shame men and women whom practice Islam, refuse to allow the advertisement of Islamic centers and other such organizations, and sharply condemn Islam is the mass media.

Islam needs to be made as socially unacceptable as Naziism. That's the most effective way of keeping it out of Western countries.

• Fuck islam a religion of idiots

your name speaks the kind of person you are. please think before you post.

• Are they going to force multiculturalism on japan too? Poor japanese people.

• The article posted in the question that inspired yours fact checked it and said it's all false. www.politifact.com/.../ (see the last 2 paragraphs)

I hope for their sake they ban it since islam, like all religions, is a cancer.

Know religion, no peace.
    No religion, know peace.

• LOL Quran is the future world constitution? xD

Saudis are among the most discriminatory people on the planet... treat others like the scum of the earth!! Islam only spread due to Arab armies/invasions

• I think it would be smart to limit outside cultures in general to a certain extent. The predominant culture of a region should be maintained as best as possible. Some cultures just do not mix very well. Some are better than others.

• I think it is. Japan is careful to preserve its own culture