Thoughts on feminists?

In my opinion they are fucking annoying as hell, and take shit tooo far. Like sure, I understand why feminism is needed in countries like Afghanistan, India, Pakistan, and etc. But why do you guys think we need feminism in the U. S./ western states. I say it's complete bullshit, that's just my opinion. HOWEVER, if you support feminism I respect that, I just find it a little stupid. Especially the fact that all of a sudden girls are trying to "free the nipple" like oh my god. What happened to having some self respect?

• feminists are fucking dumb
  • I don't care at all
  • I'm a feminist and I love u
  • I'm a feminist
  • You're a dumb ass bitch what the fuck sus lookin ass boii

Most Helpful Guy

• The other side of feminism for men is needed SOME, but in the West feminism needs to real quick die out and we need to focus on important issues

Most Helpful Girl

• I agree that some of the 'feminist' movements in the west, if not all, are a bit overkill and more to just make a point than to fight for anything that's actually lacking. However, it pisses me off just as much when people who are against these movements question the participants 'self respect', yet are equally guilty of investing their time&efforts in something just as fruitless.

What Guys Said 3

• I can't speak for the US as I don't know any famous American feminist but here in the German speaking countries, we have Alice Schwarzer (she's from Germany) and I like her quite a bit. She fought her whole life for things like making abortion legal in Germany or women being able to live their sexuality freely.

I don't see what's wrong with showing your nipples. Americans can be such freaking prudes about everything. I'm glad public nudity is not illegal in Switzerland. In my opinion, anyone who feels like being nude should be able to be nude. There's nothing sexual about nudity. I go to the sauna sometimes and sit around a bunch of naked women and men and we have normal conversations about the weather or sports or whatnot.

So you'd be fine with it, if you're wife, mother, or let's say you have a daughter, walked around nude?

Absolutely. We even have people here in Switzerland who do nude hiking. Hiking is a really big thing in Switzerland, kind of like a national hobby/sport. It's something practically everyone does. So the only difference is that those people do it nude. In Germany, there are people who do nude cycling and up at the North Sea and on the small islands like Sylt or RĂ¼gen, there are lots of beaches that are open both to nude and clothed people, which I think is really great (better than having some stupid segregation). Everyone should be able to wear clothes or be nude according to his/her preference. Nudity is natural; we were all born nude.

However, an integral part of nudism is also being natural. That includes not faking yourself to look more sexually appealing than you naturally are. That's why 14-year olds who dress like prostitutes can look cheap in my opinion. I don't care about the tight clothes but I do care about all the makeup and the styled hair and all that. It's a way of

over-sexualizing your body that I find a little silly. So I'd have no problem with my daughter being nude in a natural way and I also wouldn't have any problem with her exploring her sexuality like all teenagers do but I'd find it sad if she walked around in fake way to look like a porn star. I wouldn't forbid it but I wouldn't approve of it.

• Extreme feminists are the problem with feminism. Those that fight to be treated equally at work or at home, fine. Women used around "the office" as eye candy, is sexist. The ones paid less for doing the same job, or more in some cases, is wrong. That's what it's supposed to be about. But then there's extremists, like every other group, that take things too far and want the world handed to them because they're of whatever they are.

• I don't care

What Girls Said 4

• The real question is why you seem to believe a woman who shows her skin, or nipples has no self respect.

That is toxic in it's own accord.

alright sweetheart go show your titties to everyone, I never said don't I'm just sayin y'all have no shame/respect for yourselves & half of you guys hate on pornstars and shit, or say dumb ass shit like "oh there's not any more nice guys" yeah maybe because y'all can "pay for your own meal" or "open your own door" kinda ruins the purpose of a date, but whatever.

Wow! Aggressive much?

I'm really sorry that I blew up, that was rude. I'm going to be honest haha I truly am sorry.

• I think that feminism in its various forms can be a useful critical tool for seeing how gender and sexuality work in a given society (or in literature, art, history etc).

I think some feminists (as well as some anti-feminists) use feminism, or far more accurately a caricature of feminism, as a weapon to mask their own misanthropy (or misogyny).

The former is perfectly reasonable, while the latter is not in my opinion.

Great answer! As a student of humanities, I couldn't agree more. When you look at feminism in academic fields and discussions, it has very little to do with what some people on here seem to mistake for feminism.

• There is a difference between being a feminist which is the belief that men and women are equals on every front and being a feminazi. Hating on men is not at all what being a feminist is about. As a feminist myself, I offer to split the bill on the first date and I don't expect guys to buy me drinks at bars, however I believe that equality in both genders is extremely important.

• I'm so done with people posting questions like this. If you like them or dont, no one cares.