Do you believe that when you have a dream about someone it means they are thinking about you?

I hope it to be true

3mo I'm refering to an old wive's tale by the way

Most Helpful Guy

• Dreams just occur in our brain and from the mind based off of Dymathalinane triptamine (DMT) as well as a chemical compound 5ht or serotonin. Its just our minds of whatever we think of plus certain neurological and electric signals.

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 20

• No, it's certainly not true. But it may seem true because we tend to dream about people we have recently seen, or people who made a big impression on us. It's likely that we are in their thoughts, but probably not at the moment we were dreaming about them.

• I very much doubt that is ever even remotely possible. It's more like because your mind is on them in the very first place and you think about them frequently thus you could end up seeing them in your dreams.

• To me dreams have about as much meaning as an ecchi anime's token emotional scene near the end.
    ... That means they have no meaning.

• no.
    if I dream about someone (and I can remember it, which is rarely the case), then it's pretty much always because there is something on my mind which involves them in one way or the other.

• I haven't dreamt in years, not sure why :/ (For those smart asses out there I'm aware we dream every night but don't recall it)

• That certainly would be interesting.

Just the concept of dreaming is so mysterious. I wish I could remember my dreams more often. I usually forget everything in literally a few seconds... I wish I could record them! lol

• Actually I want to believe it to be true too but it is actually us in our sub conscious who are thinking about the other person

• I don't think so lol, it'd be nice though

• Dreamt about someone who's dead last night.
    Hmmm I'm not sure about that.

• No, it's just a silly superstition. We tend to dream about what we don't or can't have back in reality, so it means the obvious.

• No. You dream of strangers sometimes and I doubt any of them care about or even know you.

• No a chance.

• nope

• I'd like to think so but I very much doubt it

• Or probably your still dreaming

• pffft no

• I remember i saw my crush in my dream
    I think she may have liked me back but not positive
    In the dream i only saw her for a split second
    I really do wish she was thinking of me even if it was for a split second

• There is no way in scientific probability that could be possible.

• Last night , i had dream theat one of my class mate kissed me. It was very good dream , i enjoyed it but in reality I don't know.

• No it means you've been thinking about them.

What Girls Said 22

• Not at all. Dream come YOUR brain working through things. Not other people's :c

If you're thinking a lot about a particular person of course your brain is going to chew on it too.

I know that in a literal sense haha, have you heard of the wive's tale before?

Yeah but I don't think that it has any bearing on your situation since we know how the brain works and why dreams are produced. Sorry :(

Yeah I know haha

• Your Subconscious has A lot to Do with what you Dream and... Whom.
    Good luck and Not some ol Tale of even Male, @TheButterfly. xx

• I've read up and personally experienced myself that dreams are sometimes made up of what you've been thinking about, consciously or subconsciously, before you go to sleep. Some dreams are completely random. But I don't believe it to be the way the old wives tale states it, like the whole 'if your ears are burning someone is talking about you' kind of stuff.

• I hope not, recently I've been wondering that because I've dreamt about people from my past who I didn't even think about the night before. I have no idea why'd they be in my dreams since we haven't seen or spoken in years and I didn't have fond memories of them

• No I don't believe that

• It's happened to me before but only with one person. I had a guy friend who I use to date. He bought a house in Washington before I met him , so he already had plans to leave. We had a very strong attraction for each other. I would have a dream of him 1-2 weeks before he would come to California to visit. He wouldn't tell me , he would just call me when he is here. So I knew when I dreamed of of him , he would be looking for me when he is in town. This happened for 3 years until I had to let him go because I moved on.

• No.. it means you are thinking about them..

• I really hope its true too!!!

• Not always, but for me when I dream about certain people in particular I end up having a crush on them, even if I wasn't too fond of them to begin with.

• Nope
    Not true at all

• Does not work that way. Imagine the dreams of all the celebrities if that was the case.

• I wish!

• No, I dream about everyone. There's no way the Queen of England is thinking about me.

• No, it just means you had dream about.. it's you who's thinking of them.

• Definitely not

• it means i am thinking of them

• I hope so, that would be really cool.

• No , you're thinking about them.

• Nope

• It depends, sometimes its true, sometimes its not.

• I think that if only you have a deep connection with somone or you've crossed paths that it's likely. I had a dream about a guy I had hooked up with. We had sex once, but kinda liked or developed a little something. Although we never pursued eachother. We stopped talking for some months, and I had a dream that we were in school. He was bieng such a sweet heart, and he told me that he had to talk to me about things, and that he couldn't stop thinking about me. A month later, I ran into him. He wanted to talk, and rekindle things. I believe I was on his mind.

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more