Why people think, that cats can't love their owner?

I ve heard many times that people said, that cats can't love their owner and that they on their own. Its not true.
Cats will love u only if u will love them. I have a cat when i was 7 and i loved her as she is family member. She loved me back very very much... She slept with me always, when she was sad or afraid she also came to me, brought me mouses she cought. And when i moved out of house at 17 yo she felt very lost and searched me everywhere in the house.
When she was 15 and she was ill with cancer i spent the last year with her. She tried to be with me every minute, like she had some sort of premonition, that soon she will die... She woke me up every morning, licking my arms and face, slept under blanket with every night...
And when i had to go for a week or so, she was laying on my bed all day, didn't want to even eat, until i came back.

so if u want to feel cats love, u have o love the cat and she will ;ove u more than any dog...

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes, I agree with you. I love cats. My family once had a really sweet cat and when it was 13 or 14, it was stolen. Just like that. Some crazy woman came to our neighborhood, picked up our cat and took it home. The cat was missing for more than 2 months. Then, one day, the cat suddenly showed up at our doorstep again. She was extremely thin and looked very sick but she was still alive. We later found out who the person was that stole her and we also found out that our cat was somehow able to escape. Turns out she walked over 35 kilometers (25 miles) back home. She had no idea where she was... just a really good instinct where home is. I think if that doesn't prove love (or at least loyalty), nothing will. After this experience, our cat never fully recovered and she remained kind of sick. But she lived for another 4 years.

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't understand those people either. :/
    I have a cat who's now 6 years old and we are like "bros before hoes". Once I left for a week and when I came back home my parents told me how he meowed in front of my room every morning at 6:30 (that's the time I go downstairs in school time) to wake up because he missed me. He even takes care of me (how he can) when I'm in pain.
    Cats are capable of love. ❤

What Guys Said 2

• 'love' as you know it is a human concept, it doesn't transfer to animals, cats, dogs or otherwise. They have their own view on the world, they feel things that might be characterised as 'love' or loyalty or familiarity etc. but any notion you have that an animal 'loves' you in the way humans love is you projecting love onto the animal, it comes from you, not them.

• People feel this way about cats because cats seem less likely to form these types of bonds with their owners. People often describe cats as considering you their larger feline roommate whereas dogs consider you their alpha and omega. It's also possible that people feel this way because cats are less adept at expressing their emotions in a way that humans can identify whereas dogs are much easier to read in terms of body language.

yes, to deserve a dogs love-no big deal, to deserve cats-love is a little more work

What Girls Said 2

• This is a sweet thread. I'm sorry your cat died. Yes, I've experienced the same with one of my cats. The other one is a bit shy, so I don't interact with her as much but the other one I feel like I have this weird connection with. It's so weird to explain. It's like, we get each other

yes she died already 5 years ago, now i have her grandchild, she is also 3 colored and also love same weird food as my cat, but she is a bit more shy cat

• My cat is my little baby. There are signs to show if a cat loves you. If they slowly blink or lick you or curl their feet that means they love you