Do guys like handmade gifts?

So i was making a gift for my boyfriend. His friend said he won't like it because guys don't like handmade gift.
he said give him something he rather use or like.
but my boyfriend said that he loved it. his friend said , he had to say that.

• YES
  • No

Most Helpful Guy

• I definitely agree on one point: most boyfriends are not going to tell their girlfriends anything but that they love a gift they know she put some personal effort into.

I also think many guys do tend to think a little more practically: how useful is it? That said, I think many also get extremely sentimental when they're by themselves and have time to think and reminisce. No guy is going to get sentimental over a drill set, but he very well might over a handmade gift.

I had a girlfriend who made me a charm necklace (a leather cord with little charms related to things meaningful from our relationship), and while it wasn't something I cared to wear, I definitely treasured it. It hung above my bed for two years until she dumped me.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think girls appreciate hand made stuff more than guys.
    Guys want something practical and something they can use. Not something that's just gonna sit there and collect dust.

What Guys Said 6

• Depends. It should have SOME utility usually. But if you're a skilled craftsman and you make like a knitted hat from his favorite show or videogame, most guys would like something like this.

But if you're counting on a guy to appreciate the thought/effort, he might appreciate you but don't expect him to get overly excited about the gift.

For example: most women like getting cards with a nice sentence or two written on the inside. 90% of guys couldn't care less about something like that.

• Most guys will say they like it regardless of what you give them.

I like hand made gifts because they are usually more thoughtful.
    Store bought gifts, I like something I would actually use and not just set on a shelf.

• No i love them. They are so meaningful.

• What was it?

a scarf?
      i don't know how to knit but i took classes for that

Hahaha! Yeah that's something you're grandmother gives to you and you say thank you for and then you throw it in some box somewhere just in case she ever asks about it. :D

• I would love it

• yes...

What Girls Said 1

• It depends on the gift... They usually like food, but they can eat it and don't have to keep it as a momentum...