How does someone go about changing their personality? I'm very quiet & usually a loner without an exciting life. How do I change to be wanted more?

I guess I feel like a doormat around people and I don't want to be. How do I change that. Change people's perception of me and become someone they want to be around and someone girls actually want?

Most Helpful Girl

• You change that by first working on your confidence. It might take a while though. You have to know what you have to offer in terms of friendship at least. You also have to be open to the idea of getting burned. Some people will use you for what you can give them but you will always learn something from that experience.

Think about the hobbies you like, activities you would like to try, etc.

Something I did to become less introverted is that I talked to the employees at the mall. If there was someone offering samples or someone who greeted me and the store wasn't busy, I would ask them how they were doing, compliment them on their hair or outfit. Just something to start a casual conversation. It really helped me in many ways.

Most Helpful Guy

• Maybe you should try faking it until you make it. Perhaps do something to build up your confidence. I'm afraid I can't really give you good advice since I am pretty much in the same boat.

What Girls Said 2

• In my case, I became a more confident, outgoing person when I went to college. I quickly made a group of friends sort of on accident, and came to realize that the rest of them were much more shy/insecure than I was. So, silly as it sounds, I naturally sort of stepped into a "leader" position personality wise. Then I found it easy to try new things and step out of my comfort zone, including approaching and talking to complete strangers.

I'm still a bit of a doormat, unfortunately. But I've improved in that area a great deal. It's just a matter of finding balance between "sure, I can make this sacrifice this time" and "no, I'd rather not do that today." Being nice and wanting to please people, but also being sure to take care of yourself.

• You put yourself out there. Make your presence be known. You join activities that allows you to meet people.

What Guys Said 1