What breed lf dog is a good first puppy?

So after 16 years of me begging, my mother has finally decided that it's ok for us to get a dog. The dog is for my 2 year old brothers birthday that just passed 2 days ago. My brother loves dogs so they took him to the animal shelter to play with puppies. Unfortunately I had a headache and they left me behind and didn't tell me where they were going. If I knew where they were going I would have forced myself to go cause I LOVE DOGS. This would be my family's first dog ever. I myself have tons of experience with dogs and puppies. I've pet sat for my neighbors, I've volunteered at animal shelters, and more. I've helped raise 11 puppies from birth, I've helped take care of probably more than 50 dogs, and I know how to teach basic training. I'm pretty much a dog master by now. So my mom wants a small dog as our first dog but I prefer big dogs and they had a dog of my favorite breed at the shelter. They had a siberian husky puppy there. I know huskies can be a lot of work and they howl, but I honestly think I can handle it. My mom wants a pitbull puppy because she doesn't even know it's a pitbull and how big they can get and my sister wants a beagle. My mom is afraid of adult pitbulls so I don't know how my mom couldn't tell it was a pitbull puppy. So I'm kinda pissed that I've wanted a dog my whole life but now my 2 year old brother gets one, but I'm also excited that we get to get a dog. What breed should we get.

Here's our options...
Beagle
Chihuahua
Husky
Pitbull
Pug
Poodle

Those are all the puppies that I saw availible in the videos they showed me.

Most Helpful Guy

• Each one is so different from the other. now young lady, you need to decide what sort of a dog do you want when it grows up. A muscular one or a good looking one or a cuddly one etc :)

Most Helpful Girl

• Every one of them is great! They all have some pros and some cons, but in the end any of them are very lovable and will bring you lots of joy. Congrats on getting your first dog!

P. S. Huskies are great, but they are very high energy and if left alone will probably cry/howl a lot, try to escape, and chew up your furniture. So make sure they are supervised.

What Guys Said 3

• I'd go with the Beagle from these options

• PUG!!!

• First your not a dog training master and second I'm guessing you live in a city and husky dogs need lots of room to run but I would seriously suggest if your willing to put the training in a German Shepherd or Border coile

And the resion it's your brothers dog is because a dog will live 7 to 14 years so when you move away to college in a few years you won't be able to take the dog with you

The dog master thing was a joke. Chill. Those two dog breeds aren't an option. My family is going back to the shelter in a few minutes to pick a dog. Those are the only options we have. I forgot to mention a schnauzer puppy.

What Girls Said 2

• Shetland Sheepdogs make wonderful companions. That's all my brother has ever had. I'm not a dog person but I've loved every one of his Shelties.

• Cavoodle, they're really social and tame, and have a great temperment. They're really cute too (and look a lot like teddy bears!).