How to deal with depression?

Has anyone got any good tips on handling depression and anxiety? Mine are out of control and I really need some help please...

Most Helpful Guy

• You can go see a therapist, you can go for a walk, play with a dog or you can listen to music. The last two I know work.

Listening to music helps me the best

Good, even though I'm still guilty of it from time to time, excessive drinking is really dangerous and I'm glad you stopped and lived through having had alcohol poisoning. It means the world has one more strong person on its surface.

Aww well hopefully one day you'll beat it, it's not worth it

Most Helpful Girl

• I hear therapy is good if you can afford it. I can't so I just pop a pill daily and try to get through the day. Focus on rewarding yourself, so if you do something today, reward yourself with something good. That helps me. If I shower, I get something fun. If I clean up, I get something. It makes me less likely to mope about then.

Yeah I take a pill too, each night, I've tried therapy twice and we can't afford a private one so I have to wait months to get one for free through the NHS in the UK

Thank you for MHO :)

Np! 😊

What Guys Said 10

• *hugs😊hope you get better, anyway have someone listen to your problems, get a kitty😀 listen to music, or better yet learn a how to play an instrument, ask those helped me

• Therapy, talking to SOMEONE about it, and thinking... with logic (that last one helped me)

• open up to your family and friends and get professional help.

• 0|0
  • find what will make you happy in life.

It's really not that simple sadly :(

that sucks, dont give up.

I won't, it's just annoying tbh

• Watch football <3

• Rage quit

3 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 9

• Breathe and do what you can to lessen the severity of a situation.

Thats all i can give because its all i have.

• For anxiety, try 4-7-8 breathing (in for four seconds, hold for seven, out for eight). It helps to physically 'turn off' your sympathetic nervous system, the source of your adrenaline, and 'turn on' your parasympathetic nervous system which releases calming hormones.

• 3|1
  • See a Therapist and see a psychiatrist to get medication. If you wanna talk more in depth feel free to PM me <3

• See a therapist, you must have a complex issue that we can't identify as strangers on the internet.

• Professional help!

• therapy

• I've got no personal tips hun, sorry

1 private opinion(s)