Does being attractive make life easier?

I know beauty is completely subjective and there is no universal standard of beauty. But there are people in this world who would be considered attractive by conventional standards of beauty.

• Yes.
  • No.

Most Helpful Girl

• Absolutely! I grew up a tomboy until puberty hit and i realized, i was different from the boys.

So there are days where I feel like dressing up, slapping make up on and getting my hair did. Other days, I just go out with my PJs / baggy clothes on. People (esp men) definitely open doors for you more often when you're all dolled up and put effort on making yourself look better compared to when you're looking like a total slob so yes.

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes and no. The free stuff is nice, the special treatment etc, but sometimes the attention is too much. You also can't trust certain friends who use you to get girls attention. Also other dudes girlfriend, wifes hit on you right in front of them, and that's always annoying to deal with

Oh and rejecting girls is a million times worse. They will make your life a living hell.

What Girls Said 11

• Yes it does.
    I used to be an ugly child and now I'm decent looking and I can see how people's behavior towards me has changed. I can get away with more things, I'm not bullied anymore, cashiers are always friendly, and this is just the difference between below average and average. Now imagine the difference between average and beautiful/handsome.

• I'd say yes, I mean I wouldn't know personally but I've seen attractive people get ahead in life or little benefits just from being attractive.

• Yeah, my sister gets away with anything.

• Haiilll yeah it does

• I feel like life would be easier if you are more intelligent because you would make more money and be more sucessful in life.

Attractive people actually earn more money on average than ugly people, so even if you thought life was all about money being attractive would still be a big advantage.

True, but if it is an either or situation I would still rather be intelligent. Beauty is fleating

• I don't believe so, but then again I have never been "ugly" according to conventional beauty standards 🙄

• I'd think so

• I personally think no.

• I think it would. My friend gets all kinds of perks for being attractive!

• Yes. Ugly people like me have it hard.

• being attractive is hard in some ways because people judge you more quickly if they view you as a threat or they assume you're a jerk or have a very low intelligence level. it is nice but I believe everyone was created unique and beautiful by God and are each attractive in their own way but inner beauty lasts longer

What Guys Said 4

• I'm sure it will help in certain areas

• yes of course. It a benefit.

• Don't be lied to. The more attractive you are the easier life is.

• Yes it usually does and more so for women