Do guys try to make their crush jealous?

I was 99% sure a guy from my college liked me. He broke the touch barrier, he texted me every day, he complimented me every time he saw me. He always smiled at me and called out for me when we walked by. He still flirts with me a lot.

Whatever he was doing was working. I was actually starting to have feelings for him.

Now it's like he is showing my all the girls he has available to him. It's weird its like he's showing off. He'll talk to me and then tell me who else he's talking to.

Like i said, I was really starting to like him... But now I just think what he's doing is annoying.

What at is he trying to do?
Why is he doing this?

• Yes!
  • Nope.

What Guys Said 3

• If you still have feelings 4 him den make the first move... I don't think after that he may do so to make you jealous... he might be making you jealous to make you feel insecure so you may make some move... but I am not sure about this, some guys are really weird they have the habit of doing this with all the girls... so be carefull... if it's annoying just leave it.

• Don't know about other guys, but I sure don't. I'm way too socially awkward for that.

• The smart guys will try to make a girl jealous and show her she's not the only one.

But why? It's kind of a turn off

i have honestly wondered the same about girls. If you show them interest, they think they're better because your showing them interest so they don't pursue you. If you don't show them interest they get interested in you at first and then back off because they think you're not interested. ?

Let me clear up what i said. Girls wonder about guys who don't show them interest. They want to be loved by all men, so when a guy doesn't check them out they think "he must be better since he doesn't show me any interest" do they like the guy.

What Girls Said 0