Does anyone here meditate? Can you help me (am I broken? lol)?

One of my interior design teachers has us meditate for the first 5-10 minutes of every class. I try it and I find it really interesting, but it doesn't seem to work for me because I still feel anxious/nervous/stressed afterwards. Am I doing it wrong? Are there any meditation YouTube videos, websites, apps, etc. I could try that work really well?

Most Helpful Guy

• never tried that but it sounds interesting. maybe it works like when your doing it you feel good and the moment you stop doing it you get back to normal

Most Helpful Girl

• the point is to make your mind "empty", but that's really hard. Especially if you have anxiety problems. Maybe this will help you a bit: get comfortable, sit up straight and close your eyes. Focus on your breathing. If that's already difficult, count your breaths and if you notice you're distracted, just start over.

Another exercise would be to "observe your thoughts". What helps me is to visualise your thoughts as if they're on a train passing by (not stopping), that you are observing from a distance. It's okay that your thoughts are there, but just let them drift by, not paying too much attention to them.

There are a lot of apps, just try some out. You can always delete them if you don't like it.

What Guys Said 1

• You can add me, I'll give you some tips.

What Girls Said 1

• How do you do it?
    I feel more anxious than usual while doing it but when it's finished I usually feel better. I do it for about 15-20 minutes. Maybe you're not doing it long enough for you to first assimilate and then let go of the anxiety that it emphasizes.