Why aren't Formula 1 and MotoGP bigger in North America?

Most Helpful Guy

• Formula 1 is boring and gets worse every year. It's all about the technical side of things, timing your pit stops and calculating the fuel load. Other than that, the cars all tend to drive around the circuit following the racing line because to do otherwise is to perform sub optimally. Any contact causes the cars to fall apart.

Contrast with NASCAR, touring cars or V8 supercars around the world. Rubbing is racing. You fight your way through the pack. NASCAR is all about fighting your way through the pack, the ovals facilitate that constant battle.

As for MotoGP, I'm not sure. Speaking personally, I preferred Superbikes because they used tuned versions of real road bikes as opposed to tiny custom-built road bikes. There was a thrill to seeing or riding an R1 or Gixxer like you'd watched race.

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 3

• Because they rather do oval racing. Why is drifting only big in japan?

• I believe because they have their own Motorsport they like. Indycar and NASCAR

• Both of those are closer to test runs for racing technology than NASCAR racing.