Are you "in a constant state of sexual anxiety," & feel like "a sexual exile... seeking satisfaction, craving and despising, never content"?

Quote by Camille Paglia:

"Every fetus becomes female unless it is steeped in male hormone... Before birth, therefore, a male is already beyond the female.

But to be beyond is to be exiled from the center of life. Men know they are sexual exiles. They wander the Earth seeking satisfaction, craving and despising, never content. There is nothing in that anguished motion for women to envy...

Men are in a constant state of sexual anxiety, living on the pins and needles of their hormones... Estrogen tranquilizes, but androgen agitates."

Accurate for you?

Women can also vote on whether they feel like this (like sexual exiles etc)

• the quote describes me 100%
  • the quote describes me very much, but not completely
  • the quote somewhat describes me
  • the quote describes me a little bit, but not really
  • the quote doesn't describe me at all
  • i feel GOOD, not bad, "anguished", etc
  • i feel GREAT, definitely not "exiled"/"despising" etc
3mo Update
3mo Anyone?

Most Helpful Guy

• Lol why do women assume that we are always horny? Right now I am starving, and the pizza place is closed, so emptying my balls is the last thing on my mind.

I am in a pizza exile.

Don't men need more food than women do? So it could be said, using her logic, that perhaps men's greater hunger is to help mitigate an internal emptiness :P

heh. Biologically the average man is bigger than the average woman, so we need more energy. Psychologically, I believe that men and women desire the same things, emotional and physical gratification, and their absence can lead to equal emptiness in both genders.

Most Helpful Girl

• I feel restless like that but it's not always or not even usually sexual. It's this angsty craving for unfulfilled desire, goals not met, knowledge not discovered, the desire to be the best, it's raw drive. It means I'm alive. It has nothing to do with gender because I am totally female♡

What Guys Said 12

• I don't know this Camille Paglia character bit she must be a miserable bitch who just hates men and tries to dress it up with quasi-eloquent words.

No, she doesn't hate men.

Actually, her pro-male quotes are much more famous than quotes of hers such as the one I provided.

See this one article she wrote: ideas.time.com/.../

Clearly defending men.

"At the time she wrote the quote, she certainly wasn't loving on me and my brothers!"

She was saying that men are distressed. It wasn't hate.

We obviously have different perspectives.

• Not really, but maybe my sex drive Isn't that high :/
    Like I get horny daily but it's not like it comsumes me in the middle of the day. Its only really noticeable if I dont have anything to do.

Also if I am horny I can watch porn. It's not having someone to cuddle with at night that actually hurts more than not having someone to have sex with. Although that's really important to me as well.

• Well no because us guys can always get sluts or pay for an high end escort. If i pay around 100 bucks, I can order an escort like ordering a takeaway lol She fucks like a porn star, looks beautiful with a beach body and I we both have good time. I could also get a slut or friends with benefits if I put some effort in but sometimes can't be bothered or dont want the drama that it brings with it.

There's even sex toys like fleshlights that men are buying nowadays as well.

Sex is quite easy to get if men open their minds a little.

• A woman can never know how a man feels about sex, and besides its great being a man. No periods, no pregnancy, Sex drive is not dependent on a monthly cycle, physical strenght.

• Dude that has nothing to do with us being beyond female. It's solely due to the differences in our reproductive mechanisms. Guys are supposed to spread their semen, while girls are supposed to keep a guy around to raise a child, cause the consequences of sex are more severe for them.

• "Men know they are sexual exiles" Completely wrong... And why do women always assume we are horny or wanting them? I know it's their nature to want to believe that everyone wants a bit of them and are looking at them sexually but unfortunately women, we aren't.

• That is way too dramatic.
    I'm generally pretty chill about my sex drive.
    When somebody piques my interest I simply let them know, but I go on about my business and let them wish for jumping my bones instead.

• not at all

• not really. i have bigger problems than that

• 100%

Is it depressing?

Can you give some examples of which sexist views? :)

So if you take for instance the view that it's normal for guys to cheat, you could see (in theory) that it could be "true" because of the phenomenon you talk about.

If you take the view that males have right to more than one woman, you're already stating what you're saying, just implicitly! :)

Id like to continue this convo, but Pm maybe? I'm getting really spammed :/

• Occasionally, more when I was younger.

Sex makes it goes away and makes it something amazing, like you want it and have it and feel amazing.

Porn numbs it. I think young guys today numb themselves much more then I did/was able to growing up.

What Girls Said 3

• No I'm not, I'm thinking about my crush a lot, but not sexually, for me these things come gradually.

• Yeah no

• I feel agitated often, but not sexually. Estrogen isn't helping me. I have fucking panic disorder.