Don't elderly people get depressed about being old?

I think I'll give up when I reach my mid 50's and above. I'm currently 18.

What would be the point to live if you can't be young forever and youth is short-lived in comparing to old age and eventually death?

3mo The truth is I simply don't want to get old with wrinkles, undesired and even weak by then.

Most Helpful Guy

• When you are young, you know that you have youthful good looks and physical stamina but you make the mistake of also thinking that you have broken the code and deciphered the world. As you get older, you will increase in experience and wisdom; you will look back and laugh at how foolish you were when you were young. The increase in wisdom offsets the effects of aging.

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't know my parents seem to be getting happier as they get older. Grand kids and time to be retired and enjoy life. Seems like a pretty sweet deal to me.

Ok, if they're happy cool. I don't think I'll ever get used to my wrinkled self in the future.

Wrinkles are just like scars, they mean you lived and have stories to tell.

What Guys Said 11

• It's sad you have such a superficial attitude towards life. Life is so much more than looks. Honestly, the majority of people don't even look that special when they're young. Fuck looks. Age also has a lot of nice advantages. You might get wiser for one. You also have more money and more time on your hands. For example my parents both became a mom/dad at a young age. Now they're in their 50s, all the kids are adults and independent and my parents have the time, money and health to do all kinds of cool things for themselves. For example they both love traveling. They've been to America, Australia, Spain and on the cruise ship to Norway and St. Petersburg in just the past year. Though we also traveled to exotic places as a family, this kind of lifestyle would have never worked with kids because it would've been way too expensive. Plus, my dad now gets 7 weeks of paid vacation a year instead of just 5 (my mom is self-employed as a psychologist). They also see their friends often again, go dancing (my dad loves salsa), go hiking... and every 3-4 weeks we have a big family meeting where I come with my siblings and we all bring our boyfriends/girlfriends and we have a nice dinner. When I think back to how stressful life was for them at age 25, 30 or 40, I think they're much happier now and having lots of fun :-).

• Depressing shit incoming. Brace yourself.
    http://i.imgur.com/xeTATak.jpg

Ehk , you don't get old instantly. It's a sloooow process , first your knees start hurting , then your back , then when you sit up you feel dizzy , then you can't see the words clearly any more and you need to set the text font to extra large , you try to remember the face of your dead wife but all you can muster up is a white hazy silhouette , then you start to forget your name , where you live , who your family members are , one day you decide to take a lie-me-down to rest for a bit , suddenly when you try to get up you can't move one half of your body , you can't open your eyes and you can't speak , turns out you're having a major stroke and two days later you're dead.

On the upside , that happens over a span of decades so. Silver lining maybe?

I'll probably end it before that severe stage happens.

• One has to detest and at the same time admire the criminal genius of crooked Hillary “Rotten” Clinton and former President Bill Clinton. Consummate political game players, they went from backwater Arkansas all the way to the White House, and thanks to a Marxist media covering Hillary’s rear flank, she has a real chance at becoming selected (not elected) for the office of President for the next 8 years.
    The stories surrounding the couple’s criminal activity stretch back to the very beginning of their rise to power, in 1980s Arkansas. Arguably, Bill fits the model of the sexually promiscuous psychopath perfectly, and Hillary fits the profile of the power obsessed psychopath perfectly. Together, they have repeatedly and literally gotten away with murder if emerging reports of their crimes are to be believed. The revelation of this criminality is thanks to the internet, not sycophantic journalists who won’t do their fucking job.
    These stories are only a briefer on the mountain of dirty dealings involving this power-seeking couple. They involve allegations of everything from Bill fathering a son with a prostitute, a son he abandoned, to hanging out with a pedophile dozens of times on his private island, to trafficking cocaine then killing numerous people who witnessed and had knowledge of a cocaine drop in rural Arkansas, to killing nearly 50 people who had incriminating evidence against them, among countless other scandals you may not have heard of.

• And this is why they say youth is wasted on the young. Because of all the things you could be doing right now, you're saying "oh my god don't old people get like depressed because they're like all old and shit?"

Here's a tip: stay in shape, look after your body. You will stay youthful for way longer.

• I don't think so, at that point you've already learned to accept it and move on. Im also terrified of getting old😱😱😱😱

• I'm sure some do but growing older is a part of life and needs to be passionately embraced

• No, they do not.

Good for them. I would be very depressed.

• Yes many do.

• I think middle aged and older men are at the highest risk of suicide. So yeah.

• Thats why I'm going to rock out, with my cock out until i die.

• YOLO

What Girls Said 2

• Oh honey I think about this every single day.

• Haha what? Mid 50s isn't even old...

No, but it's not young anymore and my youthful looks will long be gone by then.

I know I shouldn't because most guys like girls within our age ranges from 18 to early 20's. Once I get older, they will probably ignore and go after those youthful girls.
      I guess I'm overall scared of aging. It would be cool if I could stay the same age much longer.

Does your whole life revolve around what guys like?

That's your problem right there...

Just an FYI - most guys want to settle down with a woman around their own age eventually. And the ones that don't - the 40 year olds who are still chasing 20 year olds - they're not worth the trouble.

Focus on who you want to be, not just what you look like and what you think guys like because that seriously will not make you happy. Develop interests and character.