Why do I get so emotional and how do I help it?

whenever something bothers me a little it always takes my emotions to the extreme. I'm currently living with my best friend, me and her share a room but whenever I think about how I want to be more with her or say she does something to anger me it always makes me go to the extreme of the emotion. I'm really good at hiding it but it tears me up and a couple months ago I got drunk alone and thought of her and hurt myself, even though I always told myself I wasn't depressed and I'd never even get close to doing that... I did. So now I don't drink alone but even now, like today I told her I want to talk after work and now I'm all worried and it is immediately making me want something to drug me out, and weed won't do it, like I want something strong enough to zone me out and keep me away from my own thoughts but I don't know what can do that and I immediately think of some strong drug

Most Helpful Girl

• Its because you bottle it up inside and never let it out. Talk to a friend, obviously not your best friend (the girl you are living with). Maybe a guy friend who can give you some brotherly advice. Talking about it may help the intensity of your emotions from being too drastic.

Just let her know how you feel about her. Who knows, she might return those feelings.

Most Helpful Guy

• Stop bottling things up.

What Girls Said 2

• Pressure is building up. Talk to someone that's not her.

• You need to get some help to get of the drink and stop the weed, that is definitely a gateway to all the other drugs such as cocaine and heroin, I've seen it happen. After that, you can seek some help for your emotional issues, the drugs and drink will be making it worse in the long run

What Guys Said 1

• When you have a worry, do you decide on it?

I usually just end up thinking about it all day everyday because my work leaves me to my thoughts all day.

I usually just sit there thinking about what I'm going to do and every little detail but it usually lasts until I end up breaking and just letting shit out. If that makes sense? Like I laid in bed wide awake for almost 2 hours trying to give myself courage to start the conversation with my friend beside me but I couldn't until like 2am when I finally said "
      we should go for a walk after I pick you up from work tomorrow , there is something I want to talk about before we go to bed." so I didn't even end up dding what I wanted because I couldn't give myself enough courage to have the conversation right then

What if you acted on the problem without thinking about it at all?