I just turned 18. I want to move out of my parent's house but I don't know how?

I will be going into grade 12 this fall. I want to move out after graduating from high school next year. I don't have a job ( still trying to find one), don't have a car ( but I know my way around the city). I am sick of my parents and done with their bullshit. They are both narcissists who only care about themselves. What are some things I need to learn before moving out. I know how how to boil an egg and some basic cooking.

Most Helpful Girl

• as someone who left home at 18 and has lived on her own for 11 years:

-how to get and keep a job;
    -how to budget;
    -how to cook for yourself;
    -how to do your taxes;
    -how to change a tire/perform basic repairs (if you plan on getting a car);
    -how to use credit responsibly;
    -the difference between needs and wants.

that's all i can think of for now, though i'm sure others will fill in the blanks.

What Guys Said 10

• Moving out is really really hard right after hgh school. You need a full time job to buy groceries and pay rent. You have no degree so you can't do anything that's going to pay you very much. I wouldn't recommend trying to spring out right after you graduate. Take advantage of living rent free till you graduate college.

• Okay first if you rent an apartment you need To save money for $500 bills, and then you have to provide food, and entertainment!

I hate to be honest but you will need to budget a lot of stuff!

Live with your friend and share the rent or wait till you have your degree and a good paying job to leave

• I will tell you what until you donot grt a stable job dont move out. You dont have a place along with a job and stuff. You know how to boil an egg thats great but its not easy living alone

• Don't ask me. I still love at home xD

• Unless you have a job you won't find a place to be. I would say live on a college campus

• Only one thing: when you get up in the morning, start on your most important thing till finished.

• Lmao my dad is a pain in the ass too and moving out would be great, but there's no way in hell I'd survive on the minimum wage I'm making currently. People with degrees who have decent jobs can barely pay expenses here so it's just not smart.

You need your parents support by the looks of it and until you don't have a good paying job I wouldn't recommend moving out. Even though moving out seems fun it's just not the best option.

• go to your nearest citizens advice office.
    they should help you

• I felt this way last year, too (except I have good parents thankfully) so I intentionally choose a university over a thousand miles away. I will be leaving soon; I'm nervous but also very excited!

Are you considering attending a far away college? This would give you a good reason to move away and become independent.

I live in Canada and the province I live in has the cheapest tuition in the country. The university i plan on attending is just five minutes away from home. I know plenty of people who go there. I might apply for student loan or something.

I just went to the university's website. Comprehensive meal plan plus residence rental rates ( electricity, water , heating, Wifi plus laundry) looks very reasonable!!! My parents will be paying 50% of my college tuition so I think I will be fine if I get a part-time job. Anyway., good luck with college and your future endeavors.

Thank you, you too and I'm glad that dorm life is within reach for you!

• You'll need a roommate but you need a job unless you saved up a lot of money, it's not easy moving out

What Girls Said 2

• You are not even out of School yet so it would Seem, @Lemonadelover, you either have to Bite the Bullet or.. Move out and Go to a Friend's house until School is Out.
    My sister ended up Living with her Fiance, a few Months before Graduating, Marrying him thence after. She and my parents just didn't see Eye to Eye. However, my sibling had ajob since the age of 16, that Began er own Beguine. You can as well.
    Find a job for now that will Jump Start Something. Even if it is Not the Best of the Rest, it's Something that may Help get you out of the House, out of Their Hair, and a way to Make some Money to Put towards a Car.
    If it isn't Possible to get a Job at the moment, Find a job, while You are home, that you can Go for after you Graduate, and that will Enable you to Move out and Get on your own. Buying a Cheap Car to Start is the Way to Go before You.. Go.
    Thinking of College is Another food for thought. Give this All some Thoughts and in the Meantime... Do some Light cooking that even Mom can be of Assistance in. I could not Boil water when I got my own place, but I Learned on my Own to be the Chef of the Century.
    Good luck. xx

• first u Ned a job and money... then Google will b ur best friend... that's what I did. haha