Camera vs mirror. Which is the true reflections of you? I look ugly on camera but look good in mirror. Wtfff?

• Camera
  • Mirror

Most Helpful Girl

• Cameras suck TBH. I always think I look great in the mirror so I will take a selfie and its horrible. I will even do the same pose or facial expression that I made in the mirror while trying to take a pic and its still terrible. Cameras are evil. Mirrors dont lie.

True. Take a selfie i the mirror and you will be a Goddess. But realistically if you compare your sibling to the mirror they look almost identical compare to a picture/camera they look different all the time.

Most Helpful Guy

• The mirror is far more accurate. If you stand in front of a mirror, light reflects off your body directly towards the mirror, and then reflects back from the mirror towards the retina in both of your eyes similar to how people observe one another. This means you get two angles on an object that overlap allowing you to pick up details that you would be unable to observe if only one eye were used. Close one eye and then the other when looking at an object and you will notice slight differences in what you observe. With a camera you always only have one eye, and thus are always missing a lot of information about an object, thus why photographers always try to find the most appealing angle.

Right. Even when you compare your sibling to the mirror and the actual person itself, he looks almost te same but when viewing it through the camera, he looks a little bit different. Thats why im leaning towards mirror as well.

What Girls Said 8

• i think the mirror is more accurate...
    cuz its YOU... it moves with u and everything!

So judging from both of my photos, i do look good then right?

• Non of them are accurate for number of reasons

When you are looking at yourself in mirror, you see a reverse side of you. If you hold something on your left hand, it will show up on right one when looking at the mirror.

Do you want to know how you really look irl? Well take 3 mirror. 1 in middle and the other 2 on the side at 90 degrees.

But if we had too choose which one shows the true you. It would be the camera

I don`t see the point on argumenting more. You believe in what you believe. My intention is not to change your mind. Just to give some common knowledge and facts. Learning from this is up to you. Thank you for taking the time talking to me, hope you have a good day :)

Having big/small eyes depends on the distance of you holding the camera. Closer will make it look huge and farther makes it look small ofcourse. Im talking about the mirror that you see in everyday life whether its in your room, the bathroom or the living. If thats how you see your sibling looking in the mirror, then thats gonna also be you in the mirror. Even if the mirror were to switch your right eye to the left side and vice versa, you would still look the same cause everything about your face is proportional unless you are disfigured.

• people say mirror because we are used to look at yourselves and we have the habit to not pay so much attention to our flaws, in pics you can see everything and even zoom

So which would you say more accurate? Because when i look at my brother in the mirror it looks almost exactly like him but when viewing him through the camera, he looks like a 100yo vampire.-.
      Which i come to a conclusion that mirror is more accurate no matter if its flipped, reversed or what not. Still look almost exactly like the same face.

I dont Know What is the nearest one to reality but I prefer mirror

It makes people look uglier if you view it through the camera but if you look at the other person in the mirror and compare it to him in real life, their face still look the same. Cameras are the fake a$$ shit.

• Haha same... I look in the mirror and think I look amazing but look like garbage in 90% of pictures

I know right? It's weird. Our reflections love to f*** with us.

• Key, it's you?

Wrong person? All Asians look the same afterall. I wouldn't blame you.

• yeah... not photogenic too...

• better in the mirror

So you would say mirror is the true reflection of you?

maybe but if you want to bring video into it i look pretty good in that too

Yeah i look almost as good as in mirrors but camera shows a different story. Weird as shit!

• glass

What Guys Said 4

• Mirrors are more accurate because you can't control or change any settings. With cameras you can do so much to make yourself look totally different. It's hard to find the perfect camera setting to match with what others see when looking at you.

Yes because if you take your brother and view it in the mirror, it looks almost identical as him but if you view him through a camera, he looks like a gorilla. Thats why i believe mirror is more accurate of how you actually look irl.

• One is a 3R real time image with two perspectives (one from each eye). The other is a 2D still. Also bear in mind that the angle of the camera lenses is usually slightly off from normal eye height.

If you look at your sibling with a mirror and compare it to a camera, im sure would agree that mirror would be more accurate.

Not more accurate, just more "informative". It's essentially a more of perspective. Looking at a picture is basically the equivalent of looking at someone with one eye closed. There are other factors to consider, but that's the biggest one.

• I look more or less the same either way.

• The guy on camera... he's not me.

haahahhahaha couldnt agree more

*himself or herself

Ikr?