Girls Is it ok for pregnant women to swim or not?

I'm going with my boyfriend this Friday to a friend's house and i decided to swim with the girls and have fun. My boyfriend got so upset when i told him that and he's arguing with me about it whenever i try to convince him. he said it's not ok for me to swim since i'm 8 months pregnant and this could be dangerous, but i really want to swim. Is it ok or not? I want to swim so bad.

• You can swim
  • Don't swim

Most Helpful Guy

• it's good and meant to help the baby.
    it's something to do with the moment and sound off the water

*movement*

Really? This sounds good :)

so i've been told by pregnant friends and family but i'm no health care professional so i would ask someone in the know.

found this on the NHS website.
      you might like to try swimming because the water will support your increased weight. Some local swimming pools provide aquanatal classes with qualified instructors. Find your local sport and fitness services

some more advice on exercises you can do

www.nhs.uk/.../pregnancy-exercise.aspx

Most Helpful Girl

• Swimming is totally fine for you :) It's good exercise and helps you be a little more mobile than you probably are otherwise considering you're 8 months pregnant. Obviously, standard rules apply as in not letting yourself get overexerted and don't go on slides or water rapid/wave cycle things because that could clearly hurt your baby but as long as you take it easy and just enjoy yourself, everything should be fine. I would probably stay out of the deep end because you may be a bit heavy for it at the moment :P But yeah, swimming should be fine for you (congrats on the baby by the way <3 )

What Guys Said 5

• Swimming is ok. There exists special therapies in swimming pools for pregnant women if i am not mistaken.

• Especially sense your 8 months pregnant to risky

• Tell him he's not a doctor. lol

• I don't know. But I assume it is okay if you are carefull.

• Don't do it. You'll kill that baby.

What Girls Said 6

• You can swim. There's even water aerobics for pregnant women to help your body with the baby and prepare for delivery.

• I mean I wouldn't go all out and do laps but wading around in a pool is perfectly okay

I mean people do frigging water births. I may avoid the deep end if you are referring to a public pool simply cause you might be a little less buoyant :p

Ok thanks :)

• Your man needs to seriously brush up on his knowledge about pregnancy! Swimming is FINE!!

He is super worried

Tell him to calm the fuck down and you're going swimming.

• swimming while pregnant is good exercise and doesn't do any harm to the baby, you shouldn't jump in the water tho and maybe avoid slides but swimming is fine

Thanks for explaining :)

• Why would it not be safe to swim lmfao. It helps you go into labor actually.
    I swam my whole ten months. You're fine

• In that case you can't take a bath or shower either lol. You can swim, I wouldn't do laps but some exercise is good. They even have water aerobics for pregnant women so you should be fine.