Is a Christian woman, who has a baby, outside of marriage, still considered a Christian?

On a show I watch, a girl who said she used to be in a christian band, wound up having a baby, unmarried. Is she still considered a Christian?

Her fans rejected her after she had her baby

Most Helpful Girl

• Of course, nothing can change a religion unless that person themselves change it. No bodys perfect and everyone is fallen short in Gods glory. Every human being is born a sinner. Most people are just hypocrites, not realizing that they themselves have done bad things too in their life.

But having sex outside of marriage, is not like killing 6 million jews

Yes i know it isn't, but it is both a sinful thing to do.

What Girls Said 12

• Christians are still human. Nobody is perfect except for Jesus. We all sin. It doesn't make us any less Christian.

People shouldn't judge her for having a baby out of wedlock. Many Christian girls are tempted to abort their babies because they fear their fellow Christians will judge them. We should support their decision to choose life.

But that's not how religion sees it. If you are Christian, you are pro life

What if it was a rape baby? I wouldn't want to know I was a product of rape, that's for sure

Okay, that's a whole 'nother can of worms.

• Of course she is. Christian's are not perfect. They're still going to sin, no matter how righteous or disciplined they are.

• Having a child doesn't mean you stop believing in Jesus.

• Of course she is. God is much more forgiving than pagans.

• Is she a christian? Well if she she repents and beleives in jesus yes. Yes she is a sinner but when you repent your sins are forgotten. Her fans can hate all they want but all humans are hypocrites. So they are just doing what humans do

• God forgives, some humans don't because they are too closed minded.

• Religion doesn't banish any girl who has baby out of wedlock.

it certainly does, in case of this girl

• That is where the Grace of God comes in! God will never reject her for that!

• This is why religious people piss me off sometimes. Not religion, it preaches good things- like not stealing, cheating or JUDGING, but so many idiots love to take the moral high ground when they have no right whatsoever to.
    God and God alone can judge. You know, prisons are full of people who are very religious who also commited a sin. And what about that prozzie who went to heaven? God said she should go to heaven after prostitution, but imagine what Christian people would have to say about her.
    I personally think everybody should mind their own business, no matter what people do... Unless it harms yourself, your family or people in general. If nobody is coming in your house stealing your shit, hitting you, slapping your mother or raping your dog, then sit down and mind your business.

• I was a military chaplain more than 40 years ago. The theology training though was required by my family. I haven't done anything that way in many years now.

It depends on which branch of the church you deal with and the type of people you're around. But the "Vow of Chastity" isn't always taken by people let alone even priests and nuns. They can take all vows or only certain ones. People don't like the "pick and choose" in some cases and get quite angry about it. Others just simply aren't aware if their branch allows it.

A long time ago marriage was uncommon or didn't exist in many cultures. People simply lived together and had children. Marriage started off as a legal contract to protect either the rights of offspring or the mother. Many used the term "Betrothed" which simply meant one or both families agreed for people to be together.(sometimes for business) This meant they were "married" though no ceremony had been done.

Some people who once were priests, brothers, nuns, or sisters were married or had children (not virgins) when entering the church and taking vows. Others left the church and had families. Sometimes they return later. Occasionally they left specifically to have children to carry on the family line.

Some people depending on their branch or faith believe that living with a family at all or opposite sex is a sin even if there is no sex. I don't believe this as many people rent in others houses, stay in boarding places for school, etc. In some cultures where they may feel this way the women in the house are segregated and as long as the woman only is around the women there is no issue. However some less than friendly people might still argue something more tribal and ask they even be put to death. I find it extreme but I did witness it.

I think if you are generally fitting within the 10 commandments. You would be a good Christian. If you think about the commandments they are an attempt at common sense rules for their time and are regarding things that probably caused a lot of common conflicts. These rules say nothing about a baby's paternity or if you're married. It talks about taking a break/rest, respecting old people, not cheating, no needless killing, don't worship popular people, don't nag God with prayers on things you can solve on your own, don't make statues of people who claim to be God, don't lie/gossip about people, be happy with what you have, and respect God and what he provides.

• Her fans were doing a pretty shitty job of being Christians

• 😒 Does it really matter? According to religious rules she would be labelled a sinner. I wouldn't, I would probably call her another single mother. Nothing else needs to be said about that. Seriously why does anyones religious status matter?

Religion teaches that sex outside of marriage, is wrong

Thats her deal but she shouldn't be shamed because she had sex. There are far worse things people do than have sex.

But that's my point, should she be shamed, for having sex outside of marriage, as a Christian

What Guys Said 6

• Religiously? No.

• Of course she's still a Christian.

how so

You don't know much about Christianity do you? Salvation isn't something you lose, it's not about good behavior or bad behavior it's about having a relationship with Christ. Knowing Christ as your lord and saviour is what grants you salvation not following the law. It's Christianity not Judaism or Islam.

• If she kills her baby, do her fans feel good?

I would certainly hope not, she'd be a muderer. Who like's murderer's?

Compared to 6 million jews, yeah, but, she still had sex outside of marriage, as a supposed Christian

she is sin, but I think sex outside of marriage mustnt be her interest

• She wear the name Christianity but at heart she isn't one.

• We're all sinners. They shouldn't judge her as being less Christian just because she sinned differently than they did.

• Apparently those "Christian" fans don't think so. What's sad is she saw the ugly said of Christianity that everyone is used to witnessing.

Yeah sh'e's still Christian and so are those shitty' fans.