Is it wrong that I hate Islam?

I hate religion in general, but more specifically I hate Islam. Everything about it.

It goes against everything liberal I believe in.

In oppresses women, it beheads gays, it terrorises the west.

Why is it so bad that I hate Islam, the ideology (not the people)?

Most Helpful Girl

• No it's not wrong to hate an ideology
    I'm Muslim, I dislike Liberal ideologies and I also dislike the atheist ideology doesn't mean I hate liberals and atheists. I believe it leads to moral decadence and loss of values, and family bonds etc... and will sooner or later destroy the family unit (at least what's left from it) and society.

What do you dislike about Liberal ideologies?

I don't agree with it, I think it's going to destroy many societies within a couple of centuries.
      Liberal society has no reference, everything is OK because, freedom, yes it focuses on individual freedom which is good to some extent, but it's harmful for the society as a whole.
      No more marriage, men marrying men, women marrying women, men turning into women, women turning into men, basically distorting everything natural about our species, there is a reason why your birth rates are decreasing so drastically and many of your people are worried of genetic extinction.

Liberal societies don't have very strong family values and bonds, it's enough for me to dislike it.

Most Helpful Guy

• Islam doesn't behead gays or terrorize the west. certain Muslims and Muslim cultures do this

i think that's an important distinction. like every religion Islam has it's zealots and radical/conservative practitioners who sort of take the religion into their own hands and act out their own belief of the religion. there are millions if not billions of kind hearted good Muslims

Urgh...

Islam condemns it.

condemns what? do you mean promote or endorse?
      christianity by the book condemns homosexuality, promotes slavery, and sees women as more property of men

but Christianity, as does Islam and other religions promotes peace and love.

that's why i think you can say you hate aspects of Islam or aspects of any religion but then have to separate that from the followers of that religion.

What Girls Said 2

• It's not bad, though?
    As long as you have valid supports behind what you believe to be true, you're entitled to hate or disagree with any religion/doctrine.

• It doesn't do those things though, people do those things. People use all kinds of belief systems to justify doing terrible things. To hate Islam because of that is to direct undeserved hatred towards all the Muslim people who live good and peaceful lives

What Guys Said 16

• Because they will kill everyone who doesn't convert of fits what their religion says is ok. I'm bi and I will absolutely refuse to give a shit about being friends and loving Muslims and the religion of islam because It will ultimately wind up getting me killed.

I love how young people love to shit on Christianity but in all honesty Christians don't want to kill people if they don't become want to follow Christ. and they still make efforts to be kind to all walks of life unlike Islamists.

• It isn't bad. It's what's expected of any rational, liberal-minded human being.

Majority-Islamic countries are almost always shitholes ridden with outrageous poverty, racism, intolerance, rampant human-rights abuses, and almost perpetual military conflict.

Their prophet and "perfect man" was a narcissistic, adulterous, pedophilic, massively intolerant, hypocritical, manipulative slaver and warlord. It's not wonder their nations suck.

The ideology is primitive and totally incompatible with Western separation of Church and state. It's barbaric and imperialistic.

The fact that regressive libtards defend Islam is completely and totally insane.

• No. I hate it too, it goes against many of my beliefs too. I do admit they have some good values like related to family, but then they have other things which are absolutely disgusting, like what you said.

• Well your free to your opinions but you can expect hate not only from muslims, but from overly liberal people as well.

• No, it's just your typical liberal hypocrisy. Liberals preach tolerance, but whenever anyone disagrees with liberal views it's instant condemnation. They support accepting tolerance of different ideologies so long as those different ideological are all liberal ideologies.

I'm not exactly liberal anyway...

You wouldn't have identified as a liberal in your question if you didn't consider yourself a liberal. So sorry, but I'm not buying what your selling.

I have liberal values, that's what I meant.

• It's fine yes. Just make sure you express such an opinion anonymously, for obvious reasons ;)

To give you a more serious answer, certainly, I think one has to be careful here, lest one's subconscious is full of bile towards people. This is not good for oneself, to have such thoughts on a regular basis. Also, it's important to examine this hate as well. Within hate there is usually some semblance of fear, in my experience. So what are you frightened of exactly (rhetorically)? NB, this requires being honest with oneself.

One has to be aware of the subtle forces at play here. I understand the trepidation towards Islam. And of course, it should be challenged and questioned, where the opportunity arises. But be wary lest one falls into the pit of human tribalism, and the path this eventually leads one towards. We're supposed to hate the Russians, we're supposed to hate Islam, we're supposed to hate myriad people. In the hope that when the time arises, we shall be willing to take up arms against them. Don't take human history lightly, and don't think the same things can't repeat.

• Just remember, if you were born Muslim, you would be too blinded /brainwashed by religion to think otherwise too.
    So hate Islam , alright but don't hate on the people following it.

• you can hate it. it is legitimately bad and modern muslims make lots of excuses about "that´s not how we live islam"... which could by the way be just a lie they tell you to get you to confess to islam (which islam tells them to do so).

• no people can hate, its a feeling like all others. if islam is indeed a religion of peace they will tolerate your hatred with a smile on their faces.

• i think you are confusing a peaceful religion with fundementalist extremeism ant whilst islam is at the fore at the moment, the past will show that all religions are capable of causing extremist activities

• beside the all wrong stuff you said,
    but you can hate anything you want, you can even hate people,
    but what you are not supposed to do is treating people according to prejudice

• I don't see anything wrong with loathing an ideology. I dislike Islamic ideology and liberal ideology.

• write a mytake instead of fabricating someone's opinion

• I hate it too so I don't blame you. It's violent, loathsome and has an archaic view of women.

• It's not. It's a horrible religion. Look at countries that are predominantly Muslim and have Sharia law and try to tell me it's a religion of peace

• nope nothing wrong with dating them