Is it just me, or do teenagers seem to view everything in black and white?

Most Helpful Guy

• many do. when you are young it is often hard to see the grey areas in things. with age usually comes wisdom and perspective to realize things aren't always so simple

What Guys Said 10

• Most teenagers are either afraid they might be homo's, or have concluded they are in fact homo's, and don't know how to break the news to their parents!

Black or white, you say? It seems you've gravely underestimated the severity of the situation. To homo, or not to homo? That is the question!

• Most of kids are like that. Some arent' and can't see the true colors of the world which is great for them. I know I saw most things like that and it was a rude awakening when things wasn't as I thought it would be when I got older.

• Part of the development of opinions. I remember when everyone suddenly started getting into politics in school, and I'd sit there reading about video games while old friends turned into bitter enemies just because they had different political opinions at the age of 16.

• At the start of being a teenager they do, but one of the ways an individual has to grow through their teens is realizing that the world is in shades of grey

• You need only look at the questions and polls on this site for proof of that.

• That's because the world is black and white. Only the colorblind see shades of grey.

• That's because there is only black and white.
    You're either support one side, or by inaction, support the other.

• I still do that sometimes.

• are you a teenagers?

• They are still naive and st00pid

What Girls Said 6

• It depends how old, the older a person gets the better it is... when you´re 19 (still a teenager) you do not think the same as a 13yo. Developmental psychology says that younger kids do that, teenagers, on the other hand, should view the world in more shades of gray. Although they are often blinded with their emotions. In my experience (I work with kids aged 11-15(16) ) I agree that the younger the more black and white... when the´re in their last year of primary school (here it is ages 14-16) they are much more open-minded...

For more info check Developing adolescents: A Reference for Professionals by American Psychology Association :-)

I´d add that I think that it is more closely related to learning rather than maturation... And their level of empathy and social skills is very important and also I think the intelligence of the person is also very important factor...

• Youthful people do, yeah. I used to think the world was split into good and evil and people had to choose a side. Now I know that those things don't exist and the world is too complex to describe in a sentence.

• Sometimes people never grow out of that and still see things like that.

• I wouldn't say everything

• Just you.

• Some teenagers do, and some don't. I guess that's why I have such a hard time fitting in with people my own age. I'm one of the rare ones.