Am I a horrible person?

I smoked heroin for the first time yesterday. I don't know why I did it and can't believe I would do something that I promised myself I would never do. I ended up in the hospital because I was having horrible chest pains they had to give me something to slow my heart rate down as I was drinking alcohol and smoking heroin. I'm such an idiot. I never want to do it again but I'm just wondering why I even decided to do it.

Most Helpful Guy

• What made you decide you want to try smoking heroin in the first place?

If you know it's harmful to you and had landed you in the hospital then it would make sense to never do any kind of drugs again after your experience with it.

I struggle with alcoholism and just lately have been getting into drugs again. I used to be addicted to crystal meth for two years when I was 19/20 but figured I was over hard drugs. The last two weeks I've been doing ridiculous amount of MDMA, mushrooms, cocaine but never figured heroin. I just remember looking at the other people smoking it and they were having a good time I was just so curious. It was the most disgusting taste in the world and the smell made me want to puke. Curiosity got the best of me I think. I'm never going to do it again.

Sounds like you're really messed up on the inside and have shit tons of unhappiness and emptiness going on inside you. Addictions only make you numb the pain and miseries temporarily, or make you feel really good temporarily. But those chemicals from the narcotics and harmful substances will only eventually destroy you and it will be only much more painful and suffering than you would expect them to. Get professional help to fight all of your addictions and unhappiness and emptiness, because if you want to live and survive then that is what you should do. Otherwise things are going to get worse and worse to the point of no return and then you can't possibly recover anymore no matter what you do.

Thanks for MHO!

Most Helpful Girl

• You aren't a horrible person. Maybe a naive person though , but hopefully this experience has made you wiser, and will give you more self-control so you don't do anything so dangerous again

What Guys Said 3

• Are you a horrible person? No. Did you make a horrible decision? Yes. There is absolutely zero benefit to hardcore drugs, just don't even go near them if you don't think you can have the common sense to not use them.

• You're not a bad person but you're an idiot for sure. But hey we all make mistake and it sounds like you've learned from yours. Be smarter next time.

• that shit is ultra addictive dont do it again for fucks sake. thats not good for you.

What Girls Said 3

• Doing drugs doesn't make you a bad person.

• You're not a horrible person. You made a mistake. Learn from it and move on.

• We all make mistakes but you should've listened to yourself on not to do it.