Ever notice that the more somebody talks about politics the more of a douche bag they are?

There is a direct correlation between talking politics and being a douche bag. Everybody needs to discuss politics to an extent but then the people that dwell on it...

3mo Where could that one pink down vote be coming from on everybody's answers? Who could that possibly be?

Most Helpful Girl

• Hahaha yeah

Most Helpful Guy

• yep, id go even further that it shows how unstable and unhinged people are. Look it's important to be informed but some take it too far. Political opinions are the #1 type that's given when no one asked for it.

This particular election season has probably been the worst i've ever experienced. My buddy works the day shift at a bar that old timers frequent and she's constantly having to breakup arguments between these 50+ y/o folks.

How the fuck you going to get into a bar fight because you don't like Hilary Clinton, Trump... etc? That's crazy to me.

What Girls Said 2

• What does it matter to you? Are trying to take away freedom of speech? Lol quit bitching... if someone is doing that move away from them. Stop whining about it.

Proving my point

and it continues

And it continues...

• Right?

What Guys Said 6

• I think it's the same as most things that differ between people.

This will sound odd, but hear me out and it will make sense. Did ya ever have those "I didn't mean to touch you there!" moments in school?

Those moments in class or while moving through the hallways when you touch a girls chest or someone touches your crotch or butt, accidentally that is.
    Most people shrug it off as nothing since that's often all it is. But some will get mad and raise a big fuss, try to get ya in trouble, such things like that.

My point is, when a person is presented with something that differs from what they expect, their reaction is dependent on their awareness. If they aren't familiar with a situation or an idea, they might panic and fight against it, becoming angry, possibly even belligerent. It's just a lack of understanding really. A lack of maturity.

• Yes, I have noticed this.

• Yeah, I guess so. But that isn't to say that people who don't talk about politics are never douchebags.

Yes I agree many different types this is just one type.

• i have noticed that too.

• To be informed about politics is a civic duty, as politics affect literally everything you do and everyone you know, including yourself.

Like I said everybody needs to be educated and discuss it to an extent but those that become obsessed with it will become douche bags.

If those people weren't interested in politics, they would never shut up about other things.

Great point. It is the person not the subject. Their are just annoying people out there.

• Yeah.
    I was on a question the other day and some guy was bashing the opposing side when it was about types of guys and girls' preferences. It had nothing to do with politics. That guy is insufferable. I can't imagine actually being his friend.
    Anyway, I agree. They get sucked in the "us vs them" thing and hold a superiority about their opinions.

These types are easily spotted because they call their opinions facts.