Do you own a husky? Or have you ever owned one? And?

And can you guys tell me your experience? Like, I heard that they love to dig, they are stubborn, they are hard to train, they bark a lot and they LOVE chewing on things... Right or not?
I love them and we are planning on getting a puppy when we move to another country next year, so I'm kinda nervous to get one after what I heard :/

3mo 🙈🙉🙊

Most Helpful Guy

• Huskys are not a home-cuddly-dog to get. At all. First of all they should never be gotten in warmer climates for obvious reasons that they aren't from a warm climate. Secondly they do need a whole ton of exercise, attention and movement. And last, but not least they are one of the few breeds without a very distinct pecking order.

To sum up: It isn't a dog for beginners. At all. There are better breeds for that.

Thats what I was telling my brother. I told him that I love huskies but you can't just get a dog only coz u love it. We never owned a dog before. Therefore, the husky isn't a good option from what I've heard.

That being said there is no absolute allergy-free fur. There will always be hairs here and there. So if your mom has a heavy allergy you might wait until you move out. Other than that she should definitely come with you to pick the dog and spend time with them so she can see if she might get an reaction or not.

Generally speaking its a good idea to go to the breeder and see the dog. Pay attention to which dog is extra attentive to you. Dogs not only have a better nose at smelling but also at checking compatibility, so letting the dog choose you is usually the better choice.
      Additionally don't let the dog be taken away too early from the mother. Rather go to the breeder some times and take the dog out so he gets used to you instead of just taking it away too early.

And keep in mind that dogs are pack-animals. You and your family are ALWAYS above him. Before they get cuddles they need to understand that they are below you. It might sound mean, but to a dog it is normal.

Thank you SO MUCH for this!!! It was really helpful!!! And that's what I'm thinking of. Just going to a dog breeder when I'm in England, thats better. And thanks a lot for all those dog breeds, they are all new to me so I will have to do more researches on them! 😊

What Guys Said 9

• I love them to but I've never owned one. But my friend has and I never heard or seen anything like that. I mean, all dogs like to dig, bark and chew, that's a given but I don't think hard to train. Every dog has a different personality (like humans) so it's all about how the owner treats them in my opinion. A lot of people have little to no respect for animals and treat them horribly, then wonder why they "act up" lol

"A lot of people have little to no respect for animals and treat them horribly, then wonder why they "act up"" SO DAMN TRUE 😂 I know all dogs bark, dig and chew and I know it can be trained but the thing is that we never owned a dog before so it can be hard for a first time owner 😅

• I've never had a husky but my English teacher had one and she talked about it all the time in class, she used to say it was really strong as a dog when she was walking it and if it chased something it could easily pull her and make her fall because of their strength (especially because naturally they are sledding dogs) , she said she used to feed it raw meat like steaks and stuff (im not sure if this is what they are supposed to eat or just what she decided to feed it haha) and yeah i think there really cool/cute dogs with awesome eyes

Yes they have lots of strength. Thats another problem coz I wouldn't want it to hurt my sister!! She's gonna be 10 so I dont want her to be afraid if anything happened. I would honest rather get a cat because its just more comfortable to raise lol but my brother isn't changing his mind on getting a puppy -_-

• Nope. I've owned a begal, a cross between a chocolate lab and a boxer, a boxer, and a black lab. A friend that lived around the corner from me had one when I was a kid. It seemed nice, but yes it barked often. As to dogs chewing on things, you just need to give them toys when they are puppies. Play with them often with a rope toy and ball and they become attached to chewing on what's fun rather than your furniture.

Thats something I should do if we get a dog xD and the barking thing is a problem. If we will move to a new neighborhood I dont want the neighbors complaining about it 😅

• I actually had one as a kid, I don't know much about how hard the training because my parents trained him and he always seemed really well trained considering he was a pup when they started trying to train him. He did bark a lot and chew a lot, but they're usually really happy, very docile and cute as fuck XD

"cute as fuck" so true lol XD
      I'm just confused on what to get. Like, my brother in insisting on getting a husky, and I love huskies but this is gonna be the first puppy we ever raise and therefore its gonna be a huge responsibility if the puppy was stubborn, barked a lot and chews everything in his way!!! XD

Oh well, I guess I'm gonna do some more researches and find out xD

good idea hah

• The things you said pretty much all the dogs do lol

Omg I'm gonna heave to repeat this for the 10th time lol I know all dogs do that BUT from what I've heard huskies tend to do more than other breeds xD

To each their own 😜

Fine 😛

• nope i dont. and im afraid of dogs.

• I love dogs and cats if I could I'd own a lot

• I've always wanted one! Or a German Shepard!

I'm not a huge fan of German shepherds due to some past experiences lol XD

Yes definitely!!! If its well trained and cute then I'd live it so much haha

*love

• Husky marra wa7da? :D

Hahahahha w malo! 😄
      or a kitten!!!😍😍😍

hahahahahaaa
      msh gayeb 7aga ana hagy al3ab m3aky enty wel husky :D

Hahahahahahhaha 5alas mashi, momtaz 😄

What Girls Said 13

• My Grandpa always Owned One, hun.
    Man's Best friend, when They know who is the Boss and who Loves them.
    Good luck and Great Going, @DaniaMQ xx

• Thats all dogs, it all actually depends on how you train them and behave towards them. You can train them to stop if they bark a lot, dig, and chew on things. All dogs chew on things if they dont get enough exercise, so do expect your dog to chew. Do expect your dog to bark too, but like i said it can be stop. As for digging, some dogs actually dont dig, like mine. But like i said, if your dog digs, it can be stop too. But his stubborness and behavior is all up to how theyve been trained and how their owner is like towards them. Huskies can be in a lot of conditions when its hot, so make sure theyre in the ac or cool place most of the time when its summer.

Of course all dogs chew but i heard that huskies do it extra. Same goes for barking and howling xD and im planning on getting him when i move to England

• http://i.imgur.com/kzb2Bto.jpg

I would say most of those could be true, but they are quite smart so they are not hard to train

Omg he's so cute 😍😍😍
      yes they are smart!! But what makes it harder to train is when they get stubborn. That's the problem 😂

• I have a husky, she is 5 years old so i've had her for quite some time. She does like to dig not often but everyonce in a while. Not sure if you were aware of this but huskies are keen hunters/killers. They kill cats, possums, rats etc. Pretty much any animal that enters our home it is guaranteed that my husky will kill it. Another thing, they are not a watchdog my husky gets a long with the mailman lol so yeah overall they are beautiful but just letting you know some of the cons of having a husky.

• I've never had one, but they're gorgeous. :)

• I've never had a husky but my neighbor did. It was an elderly lady who bought a red husky puppy named Rusty from a pet store. She immediately returned him a week later due to his constant digging and howling.

That's what I'm talking about. The digging and the howling. Lets not mention chewing on things 😓

He was the cutest puppy I've ever seen and I thought of asking her if I could adopt him from her since she no longer wanted him and he was still a baby so he could still be trained, but before I could ask she returned him to where she got him and bought a little white maltese poodle instead. Huskies take work.

• I will love a white husky. I would name it ghost.

I'm thinking of getting a grey shaded husky and calling him Thunder 🙉

That's a cool. I think Shadow would be a cool name for an all black husky

I swear I was gonna say shadow as well!!! But I was like I'll just stick up to thunder lol

• my grandfather had one, they are really docile and yes they like to chew things

• Never owned one, they seem amazing to me though, so who knows, maybe one day I will get one haha.

Tell me when you do get one hahaha

2 days ago I had to sit with them, while they were walking around on the table. I was so tired I almost passed out (didn't sleep cause of a mosquito...) only had like 4 hours sleep in 3 days then. So yeah, I was trying hard to stay awake and one of them just kept pushing against my hand and licking it to keep me awake lol, she knew I wasn't doing too great, but couldn't risk falling asleep incase something happened. Like 5 minutes after I put them back in their cage I passed out on the couch, when I woke up again an hour after I was like, oh im so glad she kept me awake earlier!

Awwwww thats so cute hahahaha 😄😄

• It would be cruel to own a husky where I live

• Yes, they are a handful. However, they're also smart and easy to train!!

Easy to train? So i guess it all depends on the dog individually? 😅

• No, never but i always wanted one :)

I want one too😭
      but a kitten would be amazing 😍😍

Hahahahha it seems like our kittens were best friends or something 😂

Yes, haha same personnality XD

• I don't know what that is.

You really mean it or you're just being sarcastic? XD
      anyways, if you really mean it then its a breed of a dog, its similar to wolves 😊

Oh you mean a white black dog? I have cynophobia

Yep but its not always black and white 😄

oooh I see!!