Who would win in a fight, an old west gunfighter or a samurai?

Gunfighter hands down.

• Gunfighter (Duh)Who would win in a fight, an old west gunfighter or a samurai?
  • Samurai (Not a chance)Who would win in a fight, an old west gunfighter or a samurai?

Most Helpful Girl

• The gunfighter lol

Most Helpful Guy

• Who brings a sword to a gunfight? Also their swords were pretty shitty

What Girls Said 24

• Samuri. He'd doge the bullet with his blade or cut it in two. And he'd look cool af doing it :)

• Nobody stands a chance against Clint Eastwood! I wouldn't stand for him either but I'd sure lay with my legs spread offering him a warm moist holster he can slide his six shooter into.

• Unless the samurai is some kind of superhuman so he could dodge the bullets the "gun fighter" would win. Disarm them both and make chances fair and the "gunfighter" will be knocked out faster than you could count to 3 😂

Actually this is a great idea. xD Get rid of the gunfighter's guns --- but also the samurai's katana and other swords --- and just have the samurai and gunfighter fight with their bare hands. :D Then we'll see!

@nfigure yeah it's pretty obvious who's gonna win then though 😪 In ninjutsu my Japanese friend taught me how to kill someone with 1 grip via pressure points lololol never used that though but a person who knows those techniques can be incredibly dangerous unarmed - and I am willing to bet my ass that the samurai learned those.

Is it like that Vulcan death grip? xDDD

www.kethinov.com/images/startrek/TOS3x04i.png

• Samurai all day long... A gun won't change a thing for a good samurai. Just sayin'...

• Samurai forever!

• You ever seen the movie "last Samuri" ?
    If you shoot a samuri and he doesn't die he will take his life anyway as he would want an honourable death

• The gun lol that's so unfair 🙊😂 haha

• I would say the gunfighter. Sure, the samurai has his skills, but a gun is more effective than a sword.

• Gunfighter obviously

• You don't bring a sword to a gun fight..

• Well, the anime nerd in me says SAMURAI but the logical part of me says man+gun beats sword. so...*sigh* the gunfighter... but if he loses his gun ITS ON.

• Samurai no longer exist because of guns so yeah gunfighter though samurais are cooler.

• samurai with gun

• lol maybe Samurai

• That is hard to pick I couldn't choose one.

• Out in the open like a duel? Gunslinger. But if there was cover, the samurai might be able to dodge bullets and get the gunslinger while he has to reload.

• The gunfight'en cowboy for sure

• Samurai

• Samurai, he'd dodge that bullet or slice it in half

• Wtf you invite me to the weirdest stuff lol

• Well the gunfighter can just shoot the samurai guy from a distance, so I'm gonna go with him.

• well I think the gum man cause he could shoot the nuts off the Samurai from 1/4 mile away. I could wrong though - what you guys think?

• The gunmen for sure.

• Depends on how fast the the gunfighter can pull his gun out and pull the trigger.

Issues finding things explaining a scenario with a cowboy against a samurai. Only thing I could find was an elite gun fighter vs Elite Knife fighter. What they have explains is that if the gunner doesn't move then he's in big trouble but if he rolls around and moves more often he will have the upper hand.
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FWMzWwRkiKA

What Guys Said 48

• This Guy: vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/.../latest

Because he's like a mix of Samurai, sword carried on the back and he's also a gunfighter from the old west.

Now back on topic, depending upon the environment, distance, skills, luck, patience, how much ammo the Gunfighter has and depending upon if he also has MORE THAN a Single gun, and whether or not the Samurai can throw his swords or blades, or whether or not have a crossbow or bow and arrow, I'm sure samurais have ranged weapons as well. But the odds would still be greatly in the favor of "The Guy With The GUN", especially if the Samurai does not have anything he can really use to reach at the gunfighter.

All because, "the gun is the best defense."

• Some samurai used muskets but would probably still be dead before he even got to point it against a skilled gunslinger.

Only case I could think of samurai prevailing in that case is because samurai are apparently a bit insane and ready to die at any moment (at least the more romanticized version of the samurai, not all were like this). So he might take a few rounds and still go kamikaze on the cowboy charging at him and then die after swinging his sword.

• Samurai, because they are faster, more dexterous and precise. Samurai had throwing knives like these, they could kill old west gunfighter before they would manage to draw a gun: http://www.edgeimport.com/images/97618480631.jpg

• considering that the use of guns sort of eliminated the effectiveness of the samurai i'd have to say the gun slinger. i'd like to choose the samurai but even a great samurai can only avoid so many bullets

• 0|1
  • The samurai would be dead before he could react. I've seen videos of a man slicing bullets with a sword, but you have to be pretty special to be able to do that. Your average samurai wouldn't pull it off.

Who said anything about a sword? The samurai were mostly bowmen.

@TheSpartan I love how you take just one part of what I said and reply only to it lol

I responded to the only relevant portion. There was nothing else to respond to.

• Gun beats sword everytime

• According to history books, some Samurai used matchlock weapons. Samurai were trained in various arts of war. So the samurai with a gun would probably win.
    s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/.../...d8153e9ba5.jpg

• Even am idiot who's never used a gun before but knows how it works would win against the most skilled fighter in the world if he has a gun. There is just no competition. The only thing that might hinder him would be an unsteady aim and fear to shoot.

• It kinda depends on how close they are to eachother when the fight begins but in most scenarios, gun beats sword.

• Well, not exactly a Samurai and not exactly a Gunfighter but it's close enough for the government:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7YyBtMxZgQs

• It would depend are they in a forested area are they dueling does the samurai have a bow is he on horse back etc, etc.

Not really as simple as yes or no to many variables.

Here is the thing, the Terrain wouldn't matter cause it would give a gunfighter an advantage either way.
      A gunfighter would be familiar with the primal forests of the rockies, the harsh deserts of the southwest, and the plains.

Which is why most gunfighters carried a rifle as well, the sharps was very popular for a reason

Doesn't change what I said though lol, the location would play a big part.

Also this match up is kind of weird matching up a long range fighter agaisnt an almost exclusively short range one.

Pirate vs Gunslinger would have been more interesting.

• It obviously depends. . . is he a well trained Samurai wielding a legendary blade worthy of his name?

• It basically works out like this but with a lot more bias going to the cowboy... Whoops technology.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XCtuZ-fDL2E

• Modern gunslingers can slip leather in seconds and hit the target and they aren't even as good as some of the legendary gunslingers of old. The Samurai would win if they were able to flank him and sneak up (Limiting the time to pull a gun) but if it was a duel, ten paces and such, gunslingers win every time.

• The Samurai would throw his sword at the Gunfighter as he fires his gun. The sword will hit the bullet and it will ricochet back to the Gunfighter's head, killing him instantly.

Winner: Sumurai! :)

• could go either way. if the gunfighter can kill the samurai before he gets close he will win. otherwise he is dead

• Samurai because as u can see from anime Japanese people can teleport duh

In reality, to all the fools thinking any samurai has any chance against any deadly gun of any kind is a fool

• There is a reason why no one carries swords anymore. They're completely obsolete as weapons.

• Samurai, easily.

He'd be on horseback sixty-yards-away pumping arrows into the gunslinger from his Yumi bow before the guy ever knew what hit him. The Samurai are too well trained with the bow.

You know who else were Horseback Archers, The Plains Indians, and they were far better at it than Samurai and we all know how the plains indians faired

not at all, the Apache wars only ended in 1924
      https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apache_Wars

Yeah, and after Geronimo, it was only a few minor skirmishes. There weren't any actual pitched battles between Natives and the government after the 1870s.

• Depends on the area, the situation and stuff xD

• Well.. gunslingers used to turn around and walk a few steps away from eachother before aiming. While the gunslinger is walking away, the samurai will chop his head off. So the samurai ftw

• Did you not watch Indiana Jones?

https://youtu.be/7YyBtMxZgQs

• Easily a samurai. He would cut the bullets.

A ninja would wreck a cowboy though..

• Gunfighter, id take the chance.
    Samuri, id run.

• Gunfighter, obviously. The samurai might have the physical strength, but they don't, you know, have a gun.

• Samurai they wil fight to the death

• Unosuke from Yojimbo might give Clint a run for his money: he's bought a pistol from the Black Ships.

ibfilmsas.wikispaces.com/.../...012.38.32%20AM.png

• Samurai for sure.

• I'm a cowboy fan, so cowboy. Have you even seen Last Samurai?

• More from Guys
    18