Is it difficult being a woman?

It's difficult being a man but, I feel like it looks harder to be a woman. Especially when it comes to socially. Women are always judging each other which makes it hard for them to be friends with each other, and when a woman tries to befriend a guy, the guy thinks she's befriending him because she's in to him (which makes things complicated)

Most Helpful Girl

• Being a girl is so hard in my personal opinion. Everything is so contradictory. You've gotta be skinny but curvy, be pretty but don't be too girly, be smart but not too smart, be strong but not too strong. Nothing makes sense. It's pretty much 10 times harder to be a tomboy and have friends. There are a lot of people that think if a girl doesn't act or look stereotypically girly then she's not a real girl. Most other girls don't like me. When I transferred schools the first week of school some girls made up a rumor that I was a dyke from some island even though I'm not a dyke, and I've lived in Pennsylvania my whole life. The rumor spread a lot so a lot of girls think I'm hitting on them and I got approached by a few actual lesbians. So I don't have any female friends. I had a ton of guy friends, but like you commented on someone else's post girls and guys can't be friend. All my friendships started off well at first until they all developed weird crushes and the friendships burst into flames. Being a girl is hard, especially if you don't fit into the perfect girl mold.

But why should you listen to that?

How come I see some girls trying to get with men of that age, when they themselves are your age?

I honestly have a no clue. I've never met a girl my age who was interested in men that much older. I do have one friend that has dated guys in their mid twenties but that's as high as they go. I personally find it incredibly creepy when a guy that age takes an interest in me and other girls my age. I instantly think he's a pedophile, and stranger danger. I don't see why anyone would want to date someone old enough to be their parent.

What Girls Said 10

• Difficult is an understatement in a mans world, we are always held back, always told we can't do this and that, that we should just stick to certain careers while men can do anything, one min they tell us to stay in the kitchen but if we wanted to take a cullinary career they only hire men because they don't think we could handle it lol make your mind up men... and we go through a tone of pressure to "look good" and act "lady-like" and guys generally hate cleaning and doing the washing. Then as you said other women are definitley nasty to each other, i don't put on make-up, dye my hair, put on fake tan so imagine the stick i get for that then guys saying i'm not a girl for not doing that because they care what they friends think, but men think wrong about us females in SO many ways and they can never wrap their head about the fact we can be friends with both sexes so they think being friends with them means we are interested, they are SO wrong on so many levels, treat us like we are erratic misfits and that females are SO different to men but we really aren't at all... i mean there are differences sure but we all want the same thing to love, lots of money, a nice house, be happy, but guys do tend to sabotage a whole lot for themselves but will never admit they do and call US the "negative" ones lol. For me it's always been hard because i'm what you call an "outsider" i don't get on with other femaels because they don't get on with me, i can be friends with guys but they are too closed-minded and have so many false implanted beliefs about women bread into them over centuries... can't win... thn there is periods or hormone imbalances and i'm suffering with a hormone imbalance, then dealing with family and people criticsizing because i'm not up to the pressure of doing anything with my life and may not even be able to fix this hormone imbalance because they generaly don't help this sort of thing, hard, complicated, it's beyond that lol.

girls and guys can't be "just friends", trust me

Nice knowing you troll

no troll here, i only speak the truth

• =D Don't forget Periods, sexism, lack of empathy, being lusted after as a sex object by older men in public, the short end of the stick in the baby making process whereas y'all can get up and leave, being told what to do with our bodies by men, Body shaming in general, we can't eat Anything that's shaped like a tube in public, stricter dating laws due to paranoid fathers, expectations to be feminine by our mothers, China doesn't even Have a law against rape (reported in 2009 it might've changed yesterday... or not), going to the middle east on vacation (they'll throw us in prison if we don't wear something to cover ourselves and we don't even have to be muslim), in war we're raped Then killed for the most part in ancient times and most likely now, the bible doesn't really favor us that well 'cept Mary dare I go on? (cuz I got a bunch more especially in getting into specifics for each one listed here but I think I've made my point) ^-^

go in to specifics

AHH! HE'S BACK! EVERYONE PRETEND YOU SAID NOTHING!

k, you're annoying

• Yeah you have periods, social standards to uphold, your wardrobe is much more involved than a man's, you have to do something with your hair every morning, makeup can get expensive, products marketed to women and girls are always more expensive than those marketed to men, if you get a little chubby, your body image self-esteem goes down the tube. Jobs in STEM careers aren't always easy open doors for women. Other women can be difficult to befriend and they can be catty, or constantly find something to be jealous of you over, etc

• Try keeping your legs close when wearing a skirt, try hiding your cleavage every time you ben so you do not have a boob spill, try to hide your blood marks mishap when in your period, every time you bend to pick something look around for the peeks on your ass, ... etc, and tell afterwards about being a woman

To be fair, you CHOSE those clothes

• I don't have issues that are unique to females. I have to buy mace because I'll be outside at nighttime for work and I don't want to be raped or murdered. But I think that's something everyone worries about..

• Hell, it's difficult to just be a person

• yes it is hard being a woman, but its even harder being a non white woman, because non white woman have to deal with not only sexism but racism and stereotypes of the women in that race, and women who are not white have to deal with guys who have creepy ass fetishes.

• fuck yes. period, menopause, birthing, gender roles, double standards, oh and males orgasm and technically sex is over

those things come with being alive, that is not hardship. and what do you mean double standards? offer some context? also sex is not a broad issue like that, thats some shit u take up with ur boyfriend.

@confusedteenager_09 :)

• not really. we get so many benefits :D

sarcasm?

*smirks* he is a troll

no troll here, i only speak the truth

• I don't like to walk outside at night for exercise by myself because I know what could happen. What sucks is, where I live it is always hot right now and cool at night. Fuck me right?

What Guys Said 7

• No. Women cawk block men immediately if she doesn't find her attractive or isn't there ideal type like a 6ft Hulk builder. Most gurls have unrealistic expectations when it comes to men. Most gurls i see get along fairly easier than men do cuz they are mire emotional and more social than guys are so they could make friends easily i believe. But when it comes to relationship stuffs, gender roles have no effects whatsoever. Gurls dont have to face day to day rejections like we do ☝🏼️

• Being a woman is too easy
    Just be pretty and nice and all the doors would open
    They don't realize how fucked up we get just to afford living
    But if she smiled to her boss it's different when you smile to your boss

i know a girl on here who is dating her former boss. guess she smiled a little too much

• yeah women have it so hard, its not like they are expected to fight and die in war or something.

• You got the pay inequality issue and the mindset in this society that associates anything a woman does is second best compared to what a man can do.

So then why are so many people against feminists?

• you probably haven't true hardship if you think things like that matter in the slightest.

• Nah turns out its actually really easy.

• its difficult in some ways but at the same time. its easier

how so?

well not as much is expected from them.. usually, the male is the one who provides and does all the sweating to keep the household up and going

and then we have the cultural double standards which basically always favor the woman