Dog always sitting or laying next to me?

My dog always come sit or lay next to me whenever i sit down. He always follows me around too. Unless i go in the bathroom and then he would go somewhere else, but he would come to me when i get out and again lay next to me. Or behind my back when i sit on a chair. Is he being protective of me? Or he's just being a loyal to me?

0|0
4|2

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes all dogs are loyal to their owner you never know your dog could just rather have company

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• He's doing both. He likes your company and wants to be with you. It's a huge compliment. Treasure him :)

1|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 1

• A combination of both.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 3

• I rescued my parent's dog. He was mine as a puppy, but then I had to move and couldn't bring him. He's always with my dad, they're like best buddies; but whenever I'm around, he always favors me. It's because he knows that I saved him from those abusive breeders that had him first, and he's eternally grateful to me! He goes all hyper and nuts when I come home, and stays bouncy until I hold him for a bit, then I can put him down, content to go about his business. I'm living back home again, and it's the same routine every night when I come home.

People think they choose their pets, but animals are way more intelligent than many realize. They have personalities, and preferences. They choose us just as much as we choose them ;-)

1|0
    0|0
  • It's almost like he loves you or something? How odd!

1|0
    0|0
    • 3mo

Lol i usually dont see other pet owners do that to them, i usually see them doing their own things, wandering around. But I don't know why my dog isn't like those dogs.

• 3mo

Sounds like normal pet behavior to me.

• At least he's being a loyal friend which sadly people really aren't just the hell. Its funny how animals are smarter then people its sad id rather have animal company then people. You should appreciate your dog.

1|0
    0|0