Openness to study ideas that were considered stupid and implausible brought great advancement & knowledge. Why shouldn't religion be studied?

Openness to study ideas that were once considered stupid and implausible has brought us great advancement and knowledge. How do you know religion would not do the same if you studied it with an open mind?

What Girls Said 1

• Not everyone wants to study religion you can't force people to and this is why being atheist feels great no daily reading every week just because my religion says so.

Where does the question say to force people?

Not everyone is going to care some people are not interest in that.

Ok. That's fine. My question is still why, when I compares it to science.

Thats my question. WHY. I get it you aren't interested in it but it's a question of why when it could be the same as science.

What Guys Said 1

• religion has been studied for 1000s of years. there are schools all over the world still studying it from a philosophical standpoint, from archaeological standpoints, at nearly all other aspects

Well, they already do so the question is not about them.

I understand. i was clarifying that the question is geared towards those who specifically say it should not be studied or its pointless.

ahh gotcha