If you saw a parent whooping on their kid for cussing, would you stop them?

The kid cusses and as a response the parent starts whooping them in public.

Would you stop the parent?

Most Helpful Girl

What Girls Said 17

• No. Discipline your children. The world needs more of that today.

this.

Of course not. Every child is different. For example as I got older my parents started grounding me and I would beg for a spanking instead. My sister however still responded better the spanking than being grounded. You don't always spank your child for everything. You take into consideration them, their age, what did they do wrong, so on.

@IsraelJordan 😂😂 yes! My grandma was fierce man! We had to pick our switch and in church she would give me THE look and point the switch at me and I knew to straighten up.

• Nope because sometimes the kids have to be extremely humiliated to learn a lesson.

What would you say is the appropriate spanking for a kid? a couple hits on the bottom? use a stick? or what?

Using your own hand and a couple of hits to their bottom. Nothing that would cause them any kind of pain since the humiliation is the key to it.

• No because all parents have different ways of giving their child punishments for being naughty and if that happens to be one then leave it what they do with their child is none of you buisness as long as there was a reason behind it they didn't just slap the child for no reason then don't get involved

• I wouldn't get involved unless it's a beating and the kid is getting hurt.
    However, I don't agree and that's not something I would do if I had a kid. There are other ways of getting your points across than feeling the need to hit them with your hands or household objects.
    By the way this is coming from a Latina spanked but I turned against it as an adult.

• No, its their kids. We are allowing parents to let their kids live as the opposite sex. But we are okay with that not discipline.. smh
    Discipline is needed and lacking in this generation.

whats the line between discipline and abuse for you?

excessive hitting , fists and when you can really hear the hit.

• A slap across the face, or a single stern pop is one thing, but there is never any excuse to justify beating a child.

• Nah I wouldn't

• Hell no, they need discipline, they need to learn

Their parent's hand

• No. But I would give them a very nasty stare that they would feel embarrassed if they were aware

• I would probably. That's abusive

That is not abuse. It is discipline.

@Thisperson98 well... it would make sense...

I still know you would be a great mom to kids , just was saying though...,😊

• Whatever happened to washing the mouth out with soap?

• Kid shouldn't be cussing in public. But it depends on how bad it is. Like if the whooping is harmful vs a little painfull

• whooping loudly?

• Lol no

• No not my business

• I let them do their thing. I will never do that to my future kids.

• Fuck no. That's literally how I was raised. I grew up getting ass whoopings and cursed out. Time outs just don't cut it. I think ass whoopings are a black people thing because all my black friends can relate but none of my white friends can. I've been beat with belts, shoes, hair brushes, wooden spoons, a rubber stick, and bare hands. It's not abuse. It never left like a bruise or broke the skin or anything, but it made me get my act together. If you don't understand what I mean just google Grandad from the boondocks. There's episode where this bad ass kid is in a grocery store with his mom so he hands the mom his belt and she beat his ass. He got his act together tho.

White kids get spanked too.

Now that I can agree with you on.

@idkwtftoputhere lol at least we finally agreed on something

What Guys Said 20

• Nope I sure wouldn't.

• Beatings are a beautiful thing to watch, as long as the eyeballs and genitalia are in no way abused.

• No, I would not stop them.
    The problem with most kids these days is that they do not get enough floggings.
    It has been my experience that there is not much that is wrong with kids, in terms of their behaviour, that cannot be fixed by a flogging.

• I'd have to walk away, maybe tell the authorities. But most likely, I really won't do anything about it. I'd feel sorry for the kid though, as it sucks to be him or her.

• Nope, it's up to the parent how to raise them. I don't consider "whooping" abuse.
    I got whooped plenty of times and I'm grateful for it.

Discipline without love is abuse.
    Love without discipline is neglect.

Use the hand. The parent needs to feel how hard they are hitting the kid. They also need to do so in a way that won't injure them, but only hurt.

When the hand starts to tingle, that's often considered enough. Also, the kid has to be aware of why it is happening, or else it's for naught.

• nope, it is disciple not abuse and I wish more parents would do it

• No. I don't know why everyone is so against spanking kids these days.

Depends on the age. If my my kids was below 5 i would explain that it's a bad word and not to say it. If they did it again after the warning about 3 swift palms to the bottom should do.

• "Can hi hold him down while you beat him? I don't really approve of this, I just want to be part of something..."

• Nope. And as a matter of fact, I am in favour of corporal punishment for little brats who misbehave. If a bystander has a problem with that kind of situation, they should not get themselves involved as it is none of their family business.

What would you both say is the appropriate spanking for a kid? a couple hits on the bottom? use a stick? or what?

Just a couple of hits is fine enough. Only use it as the last resort, though.

• Hell no.

• I'd immediately run over and assist by holding the kid.

• I applause. Good for them, that kid will grow up to be a good citizen most likely. I did.

A stick with holes in it preferably.

Just a spank in the butt is enough. I also used the smack of the top of the hand when my kid touches things he is not supposed to. Not hard, just a light hit gets te message across. You don't have to hurt your kids, just teach them that's not right and they need to stop.

• I don't think I can do anything but I once saw a parent hitting their child only because she tripped on the Floor😢

• Nope.

• No. It's none of my business.

• How old is the kid 8 12 16

And how are they whooping them.

Fist, belt , open hand , or tree branch

• Probably just call the police.

• i would record it and post it on worldstar

• Oh it's GOOD for them all right. It's not abuse, it's love. My parents whooped my with a switch. But don't worry, it was all out of love, so that makes it all better. Now I whoop my kid with a switch too. Oh but don't worry, there's no POSSIBLE way they'll ever come to resent me for this, it's all OUT OF LOVE. LOVE LOVE LOVE. Who needs reasonable discipline when you have LOVE

• It's the one thing that makes me irrationally furious.

I don't care if it's your kid, if you start beating the kid (as opposed to disciplining them) and I see you, I will be all up in your business so fast, it will make your teeth rattle.