Why is my phone getting so hot lol?

0|0
5|18

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 18

• One reason could be your phone has already reached 100% charge but you didn't remove the plug so it kept charging and when you touched you felt the heat, so it could be due to overcharging.

Another reason could be using apps, keeping the display on while still in charging mode.

0|1
    0|0
  • Check if it's set to be a portable hot spot. This will make it really hot. Also make sure nothing is running permanently in the background. Turn off location services like GPS. Turn off Bluetooth.

1|0
    0|0
  • modern smartphone batteries especially with quick charge technology get warm while charging, cause warmth 1. is the byproduct of energy transfer and 2. warmth rises the effectivity of the charging process. if you´re gaming while charging, the processor gets warm too and those 2 heat sources can add up to quite a bit of heat. it´s still totally normal though.

1|0
    0|0
  • are you using the phone while it's charging? Some phones don't like that and get hot. Also, taking a wild guess that it's an Android based phone.

1|0
    0|0
  • Have you been talking on it recently? Try and use a breath mint next time, phones can only handle so much heat.

1|0
    1|0
  • charging it gets it hot, or just using it all the time. Try turning he brightness down. Mine rarely gets hot because I keep the brightness down, due to my eyes being very sensitive to light

0|0
    0|0
  • Cuz it's sexy and it knows it? :v
    Lol it's because after a period of extended use it'll get hot or if you have it plugged in and using it at the same time that happens too.

0|0
    0|0
  • might be because of overcharging

1|0
    0|0
    • 3mo

modern smartphones don´t "overcharge". maybe if you had some pre nokia 3310 phone, that problem might occur but not nowadays.

• Show All
    • 3mo

but op you should be careful because i saw many people that were caught in fire because there mobile blew up

• 3mo

this is a rare thing to happen like a phone shipping with a cracked screen. many people don´t anticipate how warm it can get. i mean look at your laptop/pc processor. those run at up to 100°C it´s normal for those things to be hot. now obviously a phone doesn´t get that hot but still.

• Are you leaving it too close to the furnace or oven?

1|0
    0|0
  • Using it a lot, certain programs, charging it

0|0
    0|0
  • Well let's see you

Is your phones name Tyler McCarthy👽 ayy

0|0
    0|0
  • you must have kept it somewhere, where it shouldn't be... ")

0|0
    0|0
  • Too much sexting 😉

0|0
    0|0
  • bc ur phone wastes a shit tonne of thermal energy

0|0
    0|0
  • If u play it for an extended period of time, gaming on it or charging while playen it

0|0
    0|0
  • Using it to much and not giving it time to cool down

0|0
    0|0
  • Because people are blowing up your phone.

1|0
    0|0
  • Is this a question?

0|0
    1|0

What Girls Said 4

• It can be multiple reasons. The environments temperature, using a case, using it a lot, using it on the charger, and etc.

1|0
    0|0
  • It's being used a lot and is overheating.

0|0
    0|0
  • Are you charging it and using it at the same time? Sometimes mine will heat up from that.

1|0
    0|0
  • Obviously your not letting it cool down your using it too much. People that use they're phone while charging are idiots seriously

0|0
    0|0
    • 3mo

Or ignorant. Maybe not idiots. An idiot would keep doing it seriously...