If you had the power to know when someone would die, would you tell them?

Or would you live with the knowledge and never reveal it? Or would you drop hints?

3mo Bump
3mo Dump

Most Helpful Girl

• Drop hints maybe, but I don't think I could bring myself to tell them. But I guess it really depends on the person and as to whether they want to know.

Most Helpful Guy

• Sell them that info... Information like this is priceless.

What Girls Said 7

• Agh, I don't know. I guess so? Some people want to know those things and others don't. Maybe I'd see if they want to know before saying anything.

• I would, if they didn't think I'm crazy. I would feel like living in movie "Final destination".

• If you know someone is going to die, you will never be able to prevent it. I wouldn't want the person to live their final moments in fear, so I would shut my mouth.

• I would kill myself bcs I wouldn't be able to keep all that for myself and telling them would be wrong
    P. s. people are gonna report me for suicidal tendencies 😂

• I wouldn't.

• I would tell them so they could try to avoid it even though that never works out in movies.

• Yes I would tell them because then they'd come up with ways to prevent it from happening

But that would mean the circumstances would change and thus you would get new information as to when they would die. Would you tell them that as well?

What Guys Said 11

• Assuming that there was no way to change anyone's death dates, I wouldn't tell them. The reasoning is that then they'd become preoccupied with death rather than life. They'd be too busy thinking about the end while it'd be pointless-- they wouldn't be able to change their death date in any case. Their paranoia would be factored into their death date alread, so it's be pointless.

The most I'd ever say to someone is something vague like "hey, you're fine, you've got plenty of time." I wouldn't elaborate on that at all. I feel like the vagueness would offer positivity while still not giving them fear of their demise.

As for talking about the power itself, I would tell possibly someone close. However, I think I'd also say something like "no matter if you die soon or not soon" I won't change based on the death date.

That's, in my opinion, the best I could do. Hopefully I wouldn't see my own death date-- that's something I don't want to know tbh.

• No, because of human nature. You tell them the first response is they won't believe you. So if I knew the place and time they were gonna die I'd stall them from being there at that specific time. But bare in mind if you have that power it also comes with a price as do any 'gift' given. An one like that I'm sure 'Death' won't like and will probably target you from doing his/her work.

No good deed goes unpunished, it's not easy being a Hero, because you have to make the hard decisions other people wouldn't tho they say they would.
    Hypothetically speaking... of course.

• Yes, I would tell them. Certainly.

• I would ask them if they want to know, and give them proof that I know... somehow. Then they could do whatever they want without dying.

But that just means that the date of their death would be updated.

I don't know what's HGTTG

The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. You just have to put HGTTG into Google :p

• I would not tell them, its better to let them live their life without a known deadline as that can cause despair

• Yeah right before it happened, id be like he dude dont die today lol and then he dies. How hilarious thst would be.

• Yeah I'd try to save those people.

• Why should they believe me?

• only a doctor could know and they have a legal obligation

• depends if they are cool or not

• I would tattoo it on people's for head in there sleep with no explanation