I'm feeling a bit depressed, what should I do?

I just switched my work schedule, it wasn't a choice as my job rotates our schedules around. I used to work from 11 pm to 5 am and I was fine with it because I had the whole day to myself. Now it's from 3 am to 3 pm. I have friends on my ps4 and they're from different countries and I love them. Now I don't have as much time to spend with them and I miss a lot of fun stuff and it's making me depressed. How can I cope with this?

The schedule I like lasted from late May to late this month. I'll have to wait till then to get that schedule again.

3mo It's just difficult knowing that I'm missing a lot of fun and memories that happen. It depresses me and I'm honestly sad about it.

What Guys Said 2

• The best way to cope with this in my opinion is to look to the future of your scheduling changing again back to one you like better and not focus on the here and now and the fact you’re not going to be able to spend as much time with your friends as you previously were able to enjoy. Focus on the positive rather than the negative aspect of your current situation and this will assist you in lifting your spirits and give you something to look forward to. When you’re mind begins to switch back to what you’ve lost, remind yourself it is only temporary and you’ll be able to change it back later. This is what I’ve done in the past when I’ve been in situations which weren’t ideal; focus on the future and how your situation will improve and keep moving forward. Don’t allow your mind to dwell on those thoughts which make you depressed. Keep focused on more uplifting thoughts and find activities right now to keep yourself distracted. You can still have an enjoyable time with the schedule you have; you may have to work harder at it or compromise in some ways, but just stay confident and positive.

Thank you for the advice. It was just difficult knowing I'm not always with them making fun memories or having a blast with them as much as I was once able to do. I will try to look at that positives too.

I believe you'll feel better about yourself if you try as I suggested. It won't be easy at first, but if you keep practicing at it, you'll get better and better.

• Meditate

What Girls Said 1

• It's only a work change... you haven't met those people in person. Just use the spare time to get another hobby