Is it right for a bus to leave you when your sitting at a bus stop?

Is this right, this shit sounds messed up, so I was sitting at the bus stop and the bus just left me I didn't stand up so it kinda just left me is this wrong, I know it's kinda my fault but still should he have stopped.

Most Helpful Girl

• No, bc you didn't stand up he most likely assumed you were waiting for another bus, so it's only you to blame. These bus drivers have a strict timetable to follow so just sitting there and expecting them to treat you like a special snowflake is just kinda rude in addition.

Lol I didn't I just didn't see him coming lol he could have stopped lol.

No common sense means "basic ability to perceive, understand, and judge things, which is shared by ("common to") nearly all people and can reasonably be expected of nearly all people without any need for debate."
      Bummer you didn't bother to look it up

Lol it's not common sense in the definition I have is correct lol I just didn't put the whole thing lol

Most Helpful Guy

• You're supposed to stand up and signal the bus to stop.
    The bus driver doesn't know if you're waiting for his/her bus or another that stops there or are just catching your breath.

Most bus drivers will drive by if you do not at least stand at the bus stop.

What Girls Said 9

• Did the bus just go right on past you without stopping? That's messed up, though I guess he is used to passengers getting up when their bus is arriving. Either way, the bus should've stopped to check to see if you were getting on that bus or waiting for a later one.

• In the UK, if you stay seated and don't indicate for the bus to stop, the driver will drive on (given that no one is getting off on that stop too)

Before I knew this, I have been known to just sit there and wait for the bus to stop lol

• If you didn't stand up and asked the bus driver to stop, then you have no reason to complain.
    He/she assumed that you didn't want to go on that bus.
    It would be wrong if you raised your hand and he/she didn't stop.

The same bus comes to the stop there is only one bus you lol

Okay. But the bus driver won't guess that you're waiting for that bus. You could've been waiting for someone.

• it happens... next time stand up when you see the bus coming!
    --problem solved--

• Here the bus only will stop automatically if only 1 bus drives past this stop. Otherwise, you should show the driver your hand as a sign you want to go with him.

• Flag it down next time or stand up for a better understanding. The driver must have thought you were waiting for another bus

Lol well the way it works here is only a certain number because to the stop so a number 7 bus goes to the number 7 stop

Well sounds like he didn't see you or is just an asshole or forgot that it was a one line stop

• Yes that is right, if you didn't stand up why are you complaining?

Lol I'm complaining because he didn't stop

@Meliodas_ OP Never said it was a school bus. And if that's how the your local bus company works it's not how it works in most places. Busses just drive past bus stops.

It the locals bus and I just assumed it was the same everywhere. 😁

• You stayed sitting when the bus pulled up then whined when it left without you.

Look it just left me, why can't I whine if I want.

Ok so it slowed down, the driver did his job, he didn't see anyone standing to hail him, but he slowed down and saw you sitting there, at which point you didn't wave your hand to signal him (maybe you couldn't get up straight away but you can wave your hand), but you stay in your spot, so he drives on. He did nothing wrong.

@bbch25 it went by to fast to save smartass

• Lmao no thats so rude

What Guys Said 9

• Here in the UK you have to hail the bus, otherwise it won't stop.

Hope it makes you feel better but one time I was waving at the bus and the mothertrucker did not stop xD

Lool I've not experienced this yet 😂 but it's certainly funny!

Yea like these m uthafuckas will leave lmao I was like you could have stopped

• Were you vomiting bile and blood, or extracting deeply crusted wedgies from your festering bunghole and licking your befouled fingertips?

• It should have stopped. But if you made no signal that you wanted to board, you kinda share responsibility there.

• Lol you didn't get up and get in the bus so the driver thought you are not coming so the bus didn't wait for you all day... Ha-ha what an idiot you are..
    You sounded like a girl

Lol I just didn't hear or see him lol you ain't gotta call me an idiot tho jeez

Ok then no big deal

I will just stand up next time lol I was sitting I think because I had my book bag on and it was kinda heavy so I guess just sat didn't look up or hear anything until it was to late

• You mean the bus drove past the stop without stopping or actually stopped, people were going in and coming out all the while you were contemplating your existence.

• Pay attention

• If he didn't stop at all, he should be fired. Whether you were there or not, bus drivers are suppose to stop at Ll designated stops. Honestly you should report him for that. Sorry you had such a scrappy start for the day.

• No those assholes

• In my country you have to put up your hand like as if it was a taxi lol.

Lol I just didn't see the guy lol I was like damnit and he didn't stop

Yep, and govt ask themdelves why people dont like public transport.

Lol I hate catching the bus and stuff lol, especially with the crazies that are on there