Should I tell my teacher that I'm doing all the work in my group project?

See I dont' want to get anyone in trouble to the point that they are called out and they get an automatic zero. I just don't want to get grouped with these girls anymore and I don't want to get as high as a grade as I should. Also, my teacher still frowns up people who take over and do all the work.

I wasn't trying to intention. Basically one person has to do the poster, another get the info ( which I said really all of us can do), and the other gets the pics. I'm doing the poster. The assignment was given out last Friday, the 19th. It's this up coming Monday. Monday, I told them how I wanted to do our poster, for creativity points. I showed them designs and and notes I made. They were all on board. After then, I kept going to them for to see if they did their part. They still didn't do it. I was trying so hard to not get the info and pics myself because I didn't want to end up doing their part. I feel like a bitch because I kinda don't care what's going on in their personal life. I do, but not to the point I end up doing their part. To make a long story short, they've been "too busy." Heck I know more of the info then them. I can just go on, but I'm ended up doing most of work. No one typed or wrote anything. I'm going to have to make note cards. They other girls barely got any pics. Some of the pics are dealing with the wrong thing. I'm even more pissed because they waited to the weekend to do this. I could make them do some more, but I'm worried that because they took so long to do they little they had to do, and it was a piss poor job of it, that they were going to do it in time.

Most Helpful Guy

• How long has the project gone on now for? if its only been day 2 or 3 wait but if your still doing all the work by day 5 just talk to the teacher. I'm sure they will understand. Just phrase it as though your getting tired of picking up other members slack and doing 2-3x the amount of work.

Most Helpful Girl

• One time I was part of a group project where there were 5 of us and if we all did our parts well we got 100%. But if only one of us turned our part in the most the whole group would get was 20%.

If 4/5 turned it in then the most we'd get was 80% but the one who didn't do anything also got that 80%.

I was pretty ticked since I was the only one doing well so I ratted to the teacher and informed her that I, a typical straight-A student, would be getting a failing grade on the project (worth 30% of the final grade) due to my partners and that it'd be the fault of her skewed system that I didn't get an A in her class.

She then opted to change the project and let us do peer reviews at the end. Which led to me getting an A on the project and my group all getting C's.

I'd rat them out. 'Cause I'm mean and self centered like that.

What Guys Said 12

• If you just can't tell the teacher, just do your part and your teacher will know what happened and should grade you on what you did. The others will get what they deserve and you won't have to tell on them.

• You should tell your teacher after it is finished, that way those "last minute" kind of people have their chance, and if they don't come through, it is their own fault for being lazy.
    If it was me, I would give you a grade based solely upon your part and give them separate grades based on their work (or lack thereof).
    Those other students are being unfair to you for not holding up their end.

• I hope its not a writting project that you are doing all the work for. Because im going assume there is going to be many errors

• Yeah stand up for yourself. If you've given your group members a chance to perform and have tried to lead them to do the right thing and they've fail to perform then tell your "boss" to put a fire under their ass.

• Yes tell on them its not fair they are making you do all the work.

• Yes. You should.

• yes
    you go girl

• Dont be a snitch. Snitches get stitches

• You would make enemies

• How critical is this mark?

• Yes, tell him/her.

• Yes, you should.

If this was a job, you'd tell your boss, wouldn't you?

What Girls Said 10

• With showing them All your Hard Work and Suggestions, they are Mistaking your Kindness for Weakness now here, dear.
    You need to be this Straw Boss now, and Without being a Snitch, Form a Group Meeting that May not be End up to be a Group Hug, and Lay it on the Line this time that Everyone has to Share and that you are not Doing all of the Dirty Work.
    This may get you Points from the Teacher and Perhaps you are Even her Pet, and with no Probable Brownie Points from these Lazy bums, Sometimes you have to Show Tough Love and Stop Your... Enabling.
    Good luck. xx

• You made a mistake by saying you could all contribute to a certain part. Whenever you work in a group, especially with people you don't know well, make a chart of who's responsible for doing what. My professor's in college make us do that sort of thing when working together, actually. That way, when someone doesn't contribute their part, the student (s) who do have proof of an agreement and aren't held accountable. If I were you, I would make my contribution perfect and throw them under the bus if they don't do theirs. Don't offer to help them or contribute any of their part. And make the workload fair. Depending on what kind of student you are and what relationship you have with your teacher, it might be best to have a quick chat about this if they don't step up. And communicate in text or on email so that there's proof.

• Do IT... I've been in this situation myself, now I am on the side of the evaluator. When you've encouraged them to do their part and they didn't, explain it to the teacher. It's about your future, your education and those two would only drag you down. Like it or not the overall grade can be important for your future chances of getting to a university... Don't let the bitches ruin it for you. But I'd tell them I'd tell on them... This way you might be less popular, but you would be straight about your intentions. And who knows? Maybe they will do their part properly. Not a good idea to go behind their back

• The answer is yes.

• Just go tell. It's a lesson for them to learn. It's a group project for a reason

• I've been in your place.
    go tell the teacher, dont wait any longer.

• yeah go tell the teacher

• Yes.

• Uh, yeah tell the teacher or tell your parents so they can handle it.

• fuck yes.