Has anyone else cried because the world is a horrible place?

so I've always thought the world was a horrible place. But with everything going on like the presidency and the environment I've just been feeling like crap. It made me cry so bad and now I just feel like shit. Has this happened to anyone else? Or is it just me?

3mo Not only that but the nicest people are always treated like shit. I'm not saying that I'm never mean or selfish because I can be very scary but it's true just look at our society

Most Helpful Guy

• Once. Cause people are so self centered, wrathful, emotional, zombified creatures that they'll do anything to be successful. Weither it's sex, money, fame, or business. You can't be friends with those people. Then if your against there abomination of a behavior then your a hater.

And how did you go on?

Thank you so much it means a lot:)

Your welcome my lady.

Most Helpful Girl

• I've felt this way before. I sometimes get into these moods where I am just so hurt by how the world treats people. Life can be tough, and things can be unfair. And it can be hard not to know about all the bad in the world.

My advice to you is that it is okay to cry. But if you ever feel like it is too much to hear about the bad stuff in the world, it is also okay to disconnect from it for a while.

Instead of going on Facebook, read a book, watch a movie, and if you have friends who always talk about unhappy things, then tell them you are just having a hard time hearing about these things and need a break. Hopefully they will understand.

If you have friends who you can talk to about how you feel, even better! They can support you! It can be hard to not take things hard when you see so much bad happening. You are not the only person to feel this way. I have a friend who cries too when she hears about bad things happening. Some people are just really sensitive and compassionate.

Thank you so much this it truly the best reply! People are saying that I'm depressed when I know I'm not yes I've had bad stuff happen in my life but I don't let it break me. Thank you for your advice

You're welcome! :)

What Guys Said 68

• All human behavior is adapted towards survival of the species with a lot of complex abstractions on top.

It is inherently "selfish" but from the species aspect, not from the aspect of the individual. For example, a mother nurturing her child is "selfish" in that sense of the species (she's programmed instinctively to do this for the survival of the species unless she's conditioned in a way that overrides those instincts) but it's not selfish to her as an individual. If she was totally selfish as an individual, she'd throw that baby in a river.

The fortunate thing is that humans are a social species. They value cooperation and have innate behaviors which are altruistic. Yet they also tend to form social hierarchies and it's not necessarily the meek and humble and kind who rise to the top of those hierarchies. And unfortunately they are also naturally prone to xenophobia: fear of outsiders, with a natural tendency to form this "us" vs. "them" mindset (the source of so much human conflict).

It's just what we are as creatures. You can get all depressed about it but it doesn't help your well-being or your ability to thrive in society. It's easier to embrace it and work with it and understand the qualities that let you thrive and start adapting and cultivating them.

• Crying is fine if you want to be emotional about it and just let out all that sadness, frustrations and/or emptiness.

But here's the real important lesson: Bad, horrible and tragic things are indeed unavoidable and inevitably happens because we only have so much control of what happens in our very world and lives. We're here in this terrible reality and world and yet we had never asked to come here in the very first place!

But it's alright. You do the best you could with what you have and what you got and appreciate and be grateful that you're still alive and breathing unlike those who aren't anymore and keep going forward because that's really all anybody can do in this horrible tragic place. And if you have great caring and living family and friends then you are already much fortunate than those in this world that do not.

*loving* family, stupid autofill

Thanks for your point of view it actually made me feel better! I totally agree with you!

A fine answer again, JudgmentDay and again, you're right!

This world is hell. When we say "go to hell" then this is futile: We are already there.

• Yes certainly. It seems rather strange to accept it but the very fact that a lot of people feel this way is a good thing because something isn't quite right. We live in a system that doesn't necessarily allow much room for contentment. We all grow up with the mentality that we must do this and that in order to survive and be accepted in society when in reality; we should be growing up aiming to achieve a better world, human progress, wellness, health and wealth for everyone. Unfortunately the world revolves around money which causes greed and distress for many people, which in return causes us to sometimes be unkind towards one another (and our planet). All of us want to have a good life and not see suffering, hunger and misery (at least most of us). This is a positive feeling, let's just hope that maybe someday we can learn to improve (all) our lives, use our technology for human progress whilst respecting each other, the animals living among us and of course our planet.

• Nope.. Life is too short to worry about things that are bad... We can stand up and make a change... But, majority of people that are well off... Are too comfortable. Everyone is in this slave cycle and it's hard to focus on other people... It's an mentality of being overwhelmed

• The world is a hard place. I wish I could tell you life is like it is in fairy tales but unfortunately it's not. Aspects of it are hard, cold, dark, and brutal - and sadly you are seeing more and more of that in our daily lives.
    But there is so much in life, in this world worth celebrating. Maybe I'm stupid, maybe I don't get it , I don't know, but I try to focus on positive things in my life to help me from being discouraged or downtrodden by the weight and anxiety of life. I don't ignore what's going on nor am I immune to it, but this world will crush you if you let it. I have to find things in life that inspire me, give me faith and life me up. I ask you to do the same, for your own well being.
    I wish you well.

• I feel like crying at the state of the world every damn day!

However, before you do that, try watching a mini-series like this one. Even if you normally don't like war shows, this one is very well done, by Spielberg and Hanks no less.

And when you realize that the actors are depicting real people (a few of whom are still alive) in real historical situations, if makes you think: If they could fight and even sometimes die for this country and a better world, I can carry on living for it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GonzHGwLTOw

• Yes. Nice people are treated like shit. That's the way it goes.

And no, I've never cried because of that. Although I would say that I would love to, since there's so many things in my life that I think crying would be a better way to let it all out and start again. But I don't know if life's made me too insensitive or I just stopped caring about my life a long time ago.

• I just accept that the world is full of idiots, thus I keep to myself and follow the right people I can trust.

• For the presidency, we have an egotistical entertainer and a crook that belongs in prison for bribery at the very least.

If Crooked Hillary wins, the FBI will catch up with her and finally indict her or the House will impeach her.

Unless you are black living in an inner city, the world to day is not as scary as it used to be. We used to be concerned about a nuclear attack. It almost happened three times: During the Cuban missile crisis, in the early 80s, when Soviet satellites mistook the sun reflecting off of clouds as a missile launch, and in January 1996, when the Russians went so far as to activate the briefcase with the launch codes.

Then imagine how people felt during WWII. Those on the coasts were concerned about being bombed and attacked. The Japanese did in fact attack California and sent some "balloon bombs" that detonated in the US, but those were unsuccessful.

• Never let "the world" or anyone/anything else in this world mess up "your world".. so, nope, never that.

• Crying over things which haven't directly happened to you, and which are out of your control, seems... pointless. (Not to be a jerk.) If you really hate the world and the direction it's heading that much, make it a point to do things to better it. Volunteer somewhere! It's rewarding and generally fun as well.

• I went through a period of depression along with certain ahem issues with my intestines because of my feelings about the world. I largely got over it by thinking about the future. I am confident that soon technology especially robotics will turn the world into a paradise.

I don't believe it will take 100 years for this to happen, I think it will happen in perhaps 15 years or so.

Sorry to randomly join your conversation but this is such an interesting topic. Yes I also believe technology, specifically Artificial Intelligence, Nano and Bio Technology may give us a much better world. I also agree with you @Jackblue , definitely not 100 years since technology's growth is pretty much exponential. There's some good books by a futurist and well known AI thinker Ray Kurzweil on those topics which include immortality through artificially intelligent nano-biological robots, organ replacement and such.

@Terran I used to be afraid of the future until I watched Star Trek and realized that technology could end all the problems humanity faces.

• No because I'm not an over dramatic pussy.

• if i had, i would never share it openly online because the world is a terrible place.

That's true but that is why I shared it anonymously

• Actually nicest people get carried away and always hurted in the end

• The world is a work in progress not a finished product and it's a hell of a lot better than it has been in the past. Positive change is slow but it's happening.

• Yep. People are shit. In the last fortnight I've been hit on by a girl who has a boyfriend and didn't give a shit despite saying she loves him, and I've been dismissed and left twice by girls I was dating for being a virgin despite them liking me otherwise.

• The last time I cried I was watching a video of the holocausts death camps and what the Nazi's did to my people.

But I have never cried because the world is a horrible place because it as a whole is not.

That makes sense.

Oh yeah that's true haha.

• I'm out of tears now but know what you mean. Seems like there's bombings and shootings and terrorism every few days now. And the looming political situation leaves no room for optimism. Remember the bombing in Syria that killed a bunch of children just days ago? This morning, heard that another bomb hit a crowd of people gathered to mourn those kids killed in the first bomb! Another 24 dead. But at least those victims don't have to live in this world anymore, so there's always a bright side.

• You should be happy you're living during the best age in human history.

In 100 years it's going to be the "best" so that statement has little meaning

No it doesn't, cause you don't live in the future, you live in the present. You don't know what will happen in 100 years. If 70 years from now countries decide to go to war, 100 years from now isn't gonna be very pretty.

If your just taking about war it still doesn't make sense. Technology wise yes it will we as human will evolve into God knows what and it will be best it's ever been. Maybe we'll even find a way to stop wars. That is far fetched but you never know

• The world is full of miracles and disappointments. To be honest, be grateful you're alive.

• Good things aren't as exciting as bad things.
    So you won't here as much about them.

If the world were truly a bad place, we could not have stability. Bad things happen, that is for sure. But the world is what we need.

If things are too easy, we will be weak. If things are too hard, we will die.
    Things are just hard enough to build us up, but without killing us.

The way one perceives the world is the biggest part of how it seems to them.

Yes the world is terrible but there is also so many wonderful things in it. People just want to make money at the cost of our planet and of the very few nice people left. I use nice for lack of a better word sorry :)

• No.
    But I do know, that this world is hell and I'm used to it since the beginning. I just keep living and stuff will happen and I will either know it or not. I don't care either way.
    I am in charge of my own limited possibilities.

We can only do so much as our influence and power here is very limited to nill. We can only help others so much as we're all in need of help and assistance ourselves and more often than not we have to rely on ourselves more than not instead of others because of trust issues that may not exactly work out. People that you expect to count on or hope to count on can give you a cold shoulder or flake and ditch you when you need their assistance or their help the most thus leading to even further disappointments.

@JudgmentDay Exactly! You can trust no one!
      No one!
      Because people aren't reliable and they can do whatever they want. I have observed them with ambitions going down the drain back to where they were before having them.
      What's not to enjoy having your own way of living rather than someone dictates it for you?

• This may be a bit far, but is this you?
    http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=CoAmll3ViQA

• No. I used to care a little, I think. Don't really remember.

Now, I revel in it. I try to make it worse however I can. I'm just one man, though.

• Not cried but it is depressing. I mean our only choices are Hillary and Trump? Can't get horrible than that. #firstworldproblems

• seek God. It does not matter if you don't know who God is. God knows who you are. And believe me taking on that path will be the hardest thing you can take on but it's just as good, heck there's nothing greater. But yeah you'll be challenged to your fullest you're technically going opposed to where most of the world is heading and it's scary and painful. But trust me, it's also the coolest! 😜

• The world has been far worse than what you are watching or reading about. The issue is you haven't had to survive through anything really trying and are being stressed out by the news. I'd advise getting a job, learn a skill in school, and getting a career.

I'm not some kid crying about shit I don't know about... I have a job, I'm attending a university, and I have a career path I want to pursue so...

Then you have no excuse for your paper thin skin.

• No, but I will cry if Hilary Clinton becomes president!

I'll cry is either of them become president it's a no win situation

One of them will win and we need a Republican in the White House. Obama almost killed us. Now we need someone to rebuild this country and a Democrat won't do that!!!

• More from Guys
    38

What Girls Said 32

• I can Almost Always Expect Something every day with the World as it is Now, going to Hell in a Hand basket.
    However, I may not Shed Tears, but Fears instead. I save the Best from the Rest for My Lord Jesus, who Gets Most of them, Nany Times in these End Times.
    Good luck and Great question. xx

• Hmm, no, only when specific people are mean.
    There will always be lovely people out there, so I haven't lost hope.
    But I understand where you're coming from.

• I used to until I realized that my tears are wasted. I could cry enough tears to fill an entire ocean and then some, but that won't stop this world from being the shitty place it is. All you can do is try to focus on the good and worry about what's going on with *you* and *your* life

• Never cried, but would truly feel terrible. I would just stay up in the night times thinking up these things and getting sad. I still do.

• I have, but I try to look at the people who try to make a change in this world. That is what makes me happy again. Me and my man are trying to do the best for this world, and there are more people in our environment.

• Every single time. But for different reasons than yours. I cry for the ones whose cries are muffled, silenced, and ignored. My heart goes out for them.

My heart goes out for earth

• All the time, especially since my family members are the ones in immediate danger. That's why we're trying to pull together money to go to our home in the carribean and gtfo of here, and will most likely never come back.

• Yes. The last time I did was the weekend when Christina Grimmie was killed & the shooting at Pulse nightclub happened

• Sure... there is even a condition associated with this that people develop. It's called compassion fatigue. It's most common in people who are caretakers of either people or animals, or who work in law enforcement or media venues. But anyone can become overwhelmed by having too much empathy for all the suffering that goes on.

I actually didn't know this and thanks for informing me. This happened recently and I didn't know if it was common that's why I asked. I think it was because I was feeling overwhelmed I had a bad day too

If it's only happening on occasion, that's to be expected. If it starts occurring on a regular basis, or a few times each month, look at treating the symptoms. It sometimes helps to stop watching the news or to join an online support group.

• There have been days where I came close to crying. Stepping out of the house nowadays definitely feels strange than what it felt like ten to fifteen years ago. The world is and has always been a terrible place, and I fear we'll get worse.

• I'm sorry to hear that.
    I never cried because the world is a horrible place. I cried because of my problems.
    My sister feels the same way as you. But I'm always telling her: "The world is not a perfect place. There's a lot of things that are wrong. But there's nothing we can do about certain issues. It's just the way it is".
    You need to realize that there's things you can't change.

• No but I've cried because of how disgusting I find some people to be

• Not cried, but got angry over the injustice that's beginning to happen on a daily basis whether minor or major. People need to stand up for justice. The best thing I can for the environment is not to destroy it and preach about it.

• No I didn't cry

• Yes-or if I read something sad :/

But that's normal you see a video of a sick dog or baby and you'll cry.

I don't think I've ever cried without imagining (of course the worst thing possible) happening to a person or animal. Or reading about something or seeing something. I think it's definitely harder to cry if you can't envision something BUT the world is so messed up, it's not hard to cry about all that's going on :/

Thanks for sharing I know that it's difficult to express ourselves on the Internet :)

• Most people report feeling more positive than negative feelings, according to studies. The world is more good than bad

• Yes I have.

• It has definitely happened to me too, but in the end you can't just focus on that. You need to come back from that down and see the beauty and hope that exists still.

• Nope

• Getting close to that time of the month hun?

No thank you very much. I expected this from a man.

I do too. Humanity likes to destroy itself. It's better to prepare for the inevitable. Get yourself a passport, learn basic survival techniques, store up money, and have an escape plan.

Lol I probably won't run. I'm not one to go in front of people and speck but if it come to that I will :)

• No... I just decided not to waste my tears because it's probably going to get worse...

I understand where you're coming from but it's like saying it's not worth your time. Shouldn't it be though. It is our future?

Don't get me wrong, I am very concerned... but things are bad to the point where I just don't cry about it

They are really bad! Thanks for sharing!

• No crying, just anger

• I always feel like crying. But I deal with it.

• No point in dwelling. Just live your life to the fullest, that's all you can do.

• I have :'(

• Yep I sure have

• Not cried exactly but yes the injustice and cruelty gets to me sometimes!

• Nah, worse stuff happen all the time. I don't let politics affect my happiness.

I never said just politics

The world is pretty shitty but it was worse in the past so I just get with the times and leave my carbon footprint like everyone else ✌🏾️ There are good things too, it isn't all bad. Like me 😛👌🏾👌🏾👀🔥🔥

• Yes, it has happened to me. Imagine being black and being discriminated throughout your life by mainly white people and some other ethnic groups. I get sad because, although I am happy and proud to be black, I did not choose to be black and to live in America only for people to be racist towards me and to not have as many dating options as other races. Imagine being dark skinned and people thinking that you are not pretty just because of the color of your skin. Sometimes I just wish I could go to an island and create a society where there wasn't this white standard of beauty and white privilege. I cry and think about how much better (and fun :p) my life could be if I was born as a different race. Life is just not fair.

• I used to. In the past.
    I used to be really sensitive, but now.. I feel like I am not even the same person. Fuck, I cannot even remember the last time I cried.

• More from Girls
    2