When is knowledge a weakness?

They say, "Knowledge is power."

I may add, "To an extent."

There must be times knowledge would be one's weakness.

I now ask you, guys. When will it be a weakness?

Most Helpful Guy

• When you are a kid and learn that your parents can't solve all of your problems like you thought they could when you were young.
    It's not really a weakness, but it sucks once you know that.

Most Helpful Girl

• When you've got info to be extracted through torture and they don't believe you when you claim ignorance.

What Guys Said 9

• I dont think so it will ever be a weakness. Knowledge is power and its true

• When its knowledge that your parents still have sex.
    http://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/genetic_analysis.png
    Its squicky enough when you realize that they had sex to make you and your siblings, when you realize that they have sex because they enjoy it, thats really squicky

• Knowledge becomes a weakness when you use it as a way to belittle others, especially when that 'knowledge' isn't complete.

History has proven when a person who 'believes' they know everything goes into battle with that mindset they almost always meet their doom. True knowledge comes from being able to accept the unknown and pursuing that unknown knowledge.

The instant one claims 'they know everything' is the exact time they are doomed to fail. You never... stop... learning.

• I can't think of a situation where knowledge would be a weakness.

• Weeelll... so long as you can handle it, it's pretty hard to find knowledge that you don't want to know.
    You don't want to know when you die or if something bad happens to you or a loved one in the future. That causes anxiety.

• When you have none of it

• I cannot think of 1 situation where having knowledge would be a weakness.

• When you are not able to manipulate the knowledge, it is weakness. I mean if you have no control to control the knowledge it becomes weakness.

• Too much knowledge is weakness when it brings you to the point of depression of knowing too much. That's why dumb people are happy.

What Girls Said 2

• When you're being questioned/interrogated for information.

• When you find out your friend murdered someone and you're being questioned about it. Plus some information could cause someone to go completely insane.