Can anyone give me an answer on what height I'll be when I'm an adult?

I am a 13 year old female and at an average weight. I am 4'10 1/2 or 4'11. I also got my period a month after I turned 11. I get insecure because all my male friends tease me about my height. Even one of my friends, a girl, who is 5'7. It gets me upset. I really hate being small.. My mother is 5'0 and my dad is 5'10. My mom's side of the family is shorter, although, I am passing my mom's family so far. My grandma tells me I'm going to be about like 5'5 or 5'4 when I get older, but I highly doubt it. On my dad's side, his sister's are about 5'6 or something. Can anyone calculate my height for when I'm older? I know it changes, but what do you think my height will be? And when do girls stop growing? I've heard 14 or 18, but I believe you stop growing at 18.

3mo For my dad's side, his sister's may be even taller than 5'6
3mo sisters*

Most Helpful Guy

• No. There's no real way to predict it as there are far too many factors (heritable and environmental) that determine your ultimate height. You'll probably be around 5' to 5'6, but you could be the rare exception that ends up being over 6' (even though it isn't likely). All of my brothers and I are all taller than our dad.

Most Helpful Girl

• This depends HEAVILY on exactly what "13 years old" means. Girls don't grow quite as much between 13 and 14 as they do between 11 and 12, or between 12 and 13 -- but, most girls still grow appreciably during that year.
    Most girls are between 1.5" and 2" taller at 14yo than at 13yo. So, this is going to depend on whether you're actually 13.00000 years old, or whether you turn 14 tomorrow, or something in between.

Here are the upper ends of growth charts from the US CDC:
    s33.postimg.io/.../..._2016_05_26_a_s_16h57_48.png

I kinda want to make this an exercise in graph-reading. Yay! (: So, make sure YOU can read this off that graph. An "answer key" is below.
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    Ok:

The graph has legends in both centimeters and inches, but the actual grid is denominated in centimeters.
    Yr current height is between 149 and 150 cm.

• If you are EXACTLY 13 YEARS OLD -- like, it's yr 13th birthday TODAY -- then find the intersection of yr age and "13".
    s14.postimg.io/.../..._2016_08_27_a_s_23h52_06.png
    Follow between those 2 curves until adult height (to the right). In that case you'll probably end up at about 5'2" as a grown woman.

• If you are 13 years and 364 days old -- like, it's yr 14th birthday tomorrow -- then find the intersection of yr age and "14".
    s3.postimg.io/.../...a_2016_08_27_a_s_23h52_23.png
    Again, follow the curves to the right -- in that case, you should end up more like 5'0".

If you are somewhere in the middle, then you'll probably end up somewhere in the middle.

Obviously, these charts are only averages -- you might grow earlier or later than other women -- but, they are pretty accurate in predicting the growth of MOST women, from what I've seen.

The best thing you can do, if you want to grow as tall as possible, is to make sure you have better sleep health overall, and make sure you're eating enough good, nutritious food.

What Guys Said 4

• Your height is based mostly on genetics, but to some degree on nutrition and health. No one can say for sure how tall you will grow, but chances are you'll end up around 5' tall. It's definitely possible that you could be an exception to the norm, and grow a couple more inches, but that would be unusual.

• Yeah, I used to be really short when I was in school. Always shorter then all the other kids. Now I'm an inch above average. I just sort of kept growing over time and now I'm 5'10 (which might actually just be average).

Height doesn't matter. health does. I'm skinny as a rail, so at this point I'm hoping I don't get any taller, because then I'll be even thinner. At this point I just want to put on weight.

To answer your question, probably between say 5'3 and 5'7. You have reasonably tall genes in your family, but girls tend to be shorter.

• You know doctors can actually give you a full accuracy of how tall you will be by checking out your phosolipid levels and phosphorus levels and other hormones responsible for bone growth so asking here is a big waste of time.

• When you are 14 you won't grow any taller most likely. It is okay though. Only guys need to be big, girls don't need to be big.

The typical 14-year-old girl has between 1 and 1.5 more inches to grow.

@BellePepper Do you mean you still grew taller, or that you filled out? Because I've never met a girl that still grew taller after 15 and I've met more than a hundred students in my work, so it would seem odd to me if they still grew taller.

I mean that I still grew taller. If were all sitting here talking about height wtf would I start talking about my hips?

Apparently not many of those 100 were girls since my friends all got taller through high school as well.

What Girls Said 2

• There is no guarantee. It all depends what you received from both parents, as everybody doesn't get the same thing. Short people can also give birth to tall people. Tall people may give birth to short people. Your diet, environment and genetics. You may even stop growing for years while the rest of your body develops and then start growing again. Many say you stop by 25, but there is no guarantee once again. We still grow and shrink as we age. Don't get insecure because of those silly boys. Because if you get taller, then you complain why most guys may not want you because some guys are usually shorter and it hard to be with somebody on the taller side. Just be happy with your height, your grandmother maybe right. But, you have to have the right nutrition to your body. You have to exercise and you have to drink plenty of water. Keep your body healthy. That is the key. The moment I was in the 3rd grade I was already 4'9/5'0, by 5th grade I was 5'2, and I have been that way all the way to 10th grade and grew up to 5'3 and now 5'3 1/2. That's it. I haven't grown ever since. But that doesn't mean I have stopped growing. Trust me you will love and embrace the way your body is shaped and formed. Learn to love yourself more. Your beautiful. But as you grow into a young woman, you will become even more beautiful inside out, not the other way around.

• You will stop developing around age 21.
    I say you might reach around the 5'7